• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WITHDRAWN Norwegian Model 1774/41/51 Rifled Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a fine example of the very scarce Danish/Norwegian Model 1774/41/51 rifled musket reconverted to flintlock. The 40 inch rifled barrel mics at .730. It has a large brass front sight and adjustable rear ladder style sight. The breech is marked with a crown over K and with 907- on the tang. Originals of this model have a percussion doglock. This example, like many seen, has been reconverted to flintlock. Probing bore with rod indicates pillar breech. These guns used a special cone shaped, flat based under bore bullet. It easily dropped down bore and the heavy ramrod was used to force pointed pillar breech into bullet, expanding it into the rifling. Heavy brass furniture, many parts bearing the same serial number as the barrel tang. Walnut stock is very good. Left side cheekpiece. Right side of buttstock has small stamp with boxed MUSEE' de MARTL. Ramrod and side plate stamped IV. Overall condition is very good as reconverted.

Historical Note: As part of a union with Denmark until 1814, the Norwegian government 'inherited' a number of obsolete weapons from the Danes. During the 19th century a number of improvements were utilized, including a Swedish form of doglock percussion conversion, rifled barrels and eventually installation of a pillar breech-loading system in 1851.
This information came from the 'Norwegian Military Small Arms & Blades'. $1100 + Shipping.

20230116_144326.jpg
20230116_144435.jpg
20230117_074449.jpg
20230116_143252.jpg
20230116_143356.jpg
20230116_144234.jpg
20230116_144214.jpg
20230116_144105.jpg
20230116_144150.jpg
20230116_143958.jpg

Last edited:
Also known as the Norwegian Tapprifle 1774/41/51. I have the percussion lock on mine. They are a cool piece of history. And at a fair price.
I traded for one from a Gentlman in Ohio its Percussion There was a story some where made to flint to sell off at the Bicenteenery it seems an odd chice if so but just as odd what ever reason .The Guns & Ammo mag had the advert of ' Ye old hunter ' the heading of the advert was a silluette of one of these . The boreing & rifling left the muzzle so thin they filed of the under B net lug .mine has a massively heavy rammer appears unissued the brass screw on the combe is to look at that distance to the Ladder like sight leaf designed to be a range finder & it carried on with the' Kammer Laders' BL . The' Tige' is still fine but had too make a special cleaning rod tip the clean it some are Beech stocked I think mines Birch .. Sure there not Kentuckies but you gotta love em ..
Regards Rudyard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back