• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Northwoods Muzzleloader Camp

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deer camp in the big woods, hard to beat that. Sounds like a great time. When I was young I got to go to UP deer camp a few times. Then the old wise ones all crossed the river and camp got sold. I spent about 4 weeks total at that camp but those memories are priceless.

Years ago my family lost access to a pretty nice privately owned hunting area (a retired farm, owner died & widow sold the place).
So, I acquired a 12 x 14 canvas wall tent, stove, etc, and started a family deer camp in the North Woods. After three years, everyone walked away from it, too much work they said. You could have knocked me over with a feather as I did most of the work. Some said it was too far to drive, not enough deer, etc, etc.
I would have used it for muzzleloader camp but we already had my buddy's nice remote cabin.
Tent camps are more effort, no doubt, but I enjoyed all of it.
Vic, so sorry to hear that your family walked away from your camp. Those are the best of times and memories. They're foolish for doing so.

Vic, so sorry to hear that your family walked away from your camp. Those are the best of times and memories. They're foolish for doing so.
Pete,
Thought so as well, but family can be quite fickle at times. So be it - I've moved on and hunt with friends.
When I was a young man, if my Dad would have set up a similar tent camp, I would have thought I died and went to heaven !! Next year somebody will be acquiring a darn nice (and only slightly used) canvas wall tent, etc. Maybe the start of someone else's annual tradition....I hope so.

Back