• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Northstar west?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking to acquire a Northwest trade gun and went to look at Northstar and got a message that the site was closed. Have they gone out of business?

That's bad news.

Our own Laffindog (Matt Denison) took over from Curly Gostomonski and kept the torch going. I hope it's not a full stop.

I just checked - Matt is in poor health and has closed the shop. Sad, sad news.

From what I understand is that Matt is still trying to sell the business. I hope some one steps up soon and continues the legacy. NSW has done a lot for the sport and has made an exceptional name for themselves in the process. They have now taken down their website a short time ago and the Facebook site will be taken down next week.

I wish Matt well. Thank you.

This is a shame, but understandable....I have their Early English Trade Gun....built from a kit in the early 2000's and I love it, Broke the main spring a few years ago, made a phone call and had 2 at my door within a week....Matt is a great business man!

MC One Shot said:
From what I understand is that Matt is still trying to sell the business. I hope some one steps up soon and continues the legacy. NSW has done a lot for the sport and has made an exceptional name for themselves in the process. They have now taken down their website a short time ago and the Facebook site will be taken down next week.

I wish Matt well. Thank you.
Their NW Trade Gun has been on my bucket list of smoothbores to assemble some day. I sure do hope some one buys the company.

I was told over weekend NSW is closed, not reopening, unless it gets a new owner.

Danny Caywood still is making great Smoothebores.

Caywood Guns Arkansas.

My favorite flintlock wqs an old Curly made gun. The recent ones from Northstar West looked every bit as good. Darn Shame.

I wish Laffindog well and a speedy recovery.

Latest posts

Back