• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

NorthStar West TradeGun Photos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got an officers bess. Its a very good copy of an original, shoots very straight and Matt is an excellant guy to deal with. :thumbsup:

Ok guys...

He asked for photos to see how good they really look... not a accounting of who owns one.

My trade gun doesn't count as it was built from a kit from Curly at Northstar 25 years ago and he's not asking for pictures of the light officer's fusil I own... so could somebody post some nice photos of Matt's current work? I'm under the impression that he's thinking of buying one if he can get a good look at the quality. (Ironic,isn't it? I too don't have a photo to post after taking you guys to task... :shake: )

Cheers,

DT

David Teague said:
Ok guys...

He asked for photos to see how good they really look... not a accounting of who owns one.

Cheers,

DT

Well pardon me but I will CRITIQUE the Photos on North Star West Web-site. They are POOR, and I am Qualified to make that STATEMENT, as I was a Professional Photographer/Photojournalist for almost 20 years.

I asked for Photo as I though someone might have a Picture of their Prize Trade Gun, and also so I could look at the workmanship.

If I was a Gun builder, I personally would have a Professional Photographer Photograph my Gun so that I could show my work like you were visiting my shop.

It really drive me nuts to see Gun Builder Web-site with ELCRAPO Photos trying to show off their work.

A GREAT Picture make you look like $1,000,000.00 BUCKS, and a Bad Photo make you look like nothing...

P.S. want to see some GREAT Gun Photos, go to www.trackofthe[url] wolf.com[/url]

:blah:

Last edited by a moderator:
:redface: yep... I was on AKA side. He asked for photos and all he's getting is posts about how nice peoples guns are... without photos...

I agree, The Track of the Wolf has killer photos on the guns for sale... every time I look at the site I see one I want to buy... can't look with the credit card anywhere near the PC..

Think Track does a Great Job of his Photo Illistration of his Guns in Sales Inventory. Also I know that Custom cost more than Semi or Production.

Anyone with photo's that are having trouble posting them can always send them to me, I will post them for you... :thumbsup:

Pics of a NSW Officers Bess next to an original Sergeants Fusil.
MontyandGrandfather009.jpg

MontyandGrandfather010.jpg

MontyandGrandfather011.jpg

Justmike,

Any chance we can get a better look at the lock? What are the markings on it? I really like the Sgt's carbine and have been thinking about one from Loyalist Arms. I would really like to see more detail of your Officer's model since I'm sure the quality is much better. What you have shown really looks good. Did you get it finished, in the white or as a kit?

Don R

Hello Don,

I've seen the LA fusil in person and I own the Northstar West light officers fusil, my advice would be this:

If you want something that is spot on historic go with the North Star, if you want someting that looks close and sparts like the dickens, go with the LA fusil.(I understad that they have made improvements to it since the one I saw)

The North Star Fusil is much slimmer in the stock and barrel, it's got a proper taper to the barrel that the LA gun lacks. It weights about 2 pounds less.

I hope this info helps...

P.S. Middlsex Village Trading Co has a shorten 1st Model Brown Bess coming out soon as a Roger Ranger's/ Highlanders gun.
thumb_MRBB_right.JPG

Here the link if that floats your boat: MVTC Musket page

Have to agree with you on the repro details, the other gun in the pic is circa 1740 and of Canadian issue. It also sparks well and aims very straight.

That Sar'nt must'a had a tough beard, just look at what he's done to that comb. :rotf:

David,

Thanks for the information. I had contacted LA before the first of the year about the Sgt's Carbine and they indicated it was being re-done and would be available in February. Haven't any more from them. I think I will contact North Star to see about their delivery time. I don't want a kit but I am thinking about an in the white officers fusil from them. Justmike's sure does look good.

Don R

Back