• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NorthStar Canoe Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tg said:
Coaches, boat decks, and other places a longer gun might not serve as well...

Oh no! Now you're resurrecting the justification for the term "canoe gun!" :rotf: :stir: Gee whiz, that newfound love for modern "Hawkens" and the like must seriously be affecting your neurons. :wink: :grin:

I have come to the conclusion that anything anyone uses now that loads from the front or has to do with loading from the front is OK/PC/HC/traditional or no one would be using the stuff, no one would willingly and knowingly be phoney ...would they?

colmoultrie said:
tg said:
Coaches, boat decks, and other places a longer gun might not serve as well...

Oh no! Now you're resurrecting the justification for the term "canoe gun!" :rotf: :stir: Gee whiz, that newfound love for modern "Hawkens" and the like must seriously be affecting your neurons. :wink: :grin:

No idea where the term Canoe gun came from but for us north country folks who grew up with a paddle in hand it was a very common term even used my my great grandfather who used a 24 inch doublehammer muzzleloader shotgun for deer an sm game in the mid to late 1800s on the Canadian border in his canvas and bark canoes.(man I got to dig out those ol black an whites)
And prabably because they used em in Canoes.
And that is Historically correct.
:hatsoff:

I looked at this thread to find out about short barreled guns. My arthritis is so bad I can't hold up my 42 inch fowler. I wasted my time. Bickering I can get at home.

But can you Bicker about short barrled canoe guns? :bow:

I love my Short/Canoe gun in 16ga. Go ahead and get one. It will soon be your favorite. What I have learned here is, that the people who say they do not like Canoe Guns, have never had them , not seen them and don't use them. We who have and do, are very happy with them. :hatsoff:
P

I dont own a canoe or a gun for one but I do have a 1936 bolt action 20. It has an 18.5 inch barrel and I can shoot 55 gallon drum size targets out to 100 yards all day. I imagine that being black powder that a .62 cal would be all that different. At least out to 75 yards. But I'm no expert. :grin:

Back