• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Northland Newbie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiksmo

40 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings from the Northland in the Show-Me-State. I live in one of the MO communities located north of the Missouri River, which runs in and about KS and MO state lines. The people is this area call it the "Northland" since it's due north of KC. Been visiting the Forums a while, and decided to ask if I could come into Camp.

I'm a newbie to this type of shooting. I've ordered and look forward to receive my first BP firearm, a Traditions Trapper .50 cal percussion pistol. A couple of good friends have shot muzzleloading firearms before, and they say I will really enjoy the experience. I keep on reading and learning on this Forum and other web sites. I'm certain I will be posting some questions as I get started. I also have found a nearby LGS that has a lot of BP equipment/supplies. Good starting places for my new adventure.

Welcome. I will issue the first real info you'll need to be aware of. This is an addiction, as you have already ordered you are hooked and just don't know it yet. We are here to help wit everything from powder charges to the best way to smuggle in the next 58" box with yer fowlerso the wife dont see. That will come later. Be glad you didn't order a flintlock to start....the "disease" seems to grow faster with a flintlock.

Hope you enjoy our lil community of black powder junkies.:D

Howdy and Welcome from Texas! And don't be too afraid or apprehensive about asking questions. You may annoy the heck out of some members but you will get an answer. That's what this Forum is all about, the exchange of information. Enjoy.

Appreciate the welcomes. Understood on the "addiction." Have seen other "strains" of that on a couple of other forums. Yes, the Qs are coming. Better to know how to handle the BP pistol correctly and well from the beginning.

Welcome. I will issue the first real info you'll need to be aware of. This is an addiction, as you have already ordered you are hooked and just don't know it yet. We are here to help wit everything from powder charges to the best way to smuggle in the next 58" box with yer fowlerso the wife dont see. That will come later. Be glad you didn't order a flintlock to start....the "disease" seems to grow faster with a flintlock.

Hope you enjoy our lil community of black powder junkies.:D

Howdy and Welcome from Texas! And don't be too afraid or apprehensive about asking questions. You may annoy the heck out of some members but you will get an answer. That's what this Forum is all about, the exchange of information. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back