• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Northern Neck of VA?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sayin' that everyone can't say hi but for those wondering where the Northern Neck of VA is...

Screenshot_20230321_175711_Earth.jpg

We are here!
Outstanding! Through genealogy I’ve found that most of my English ancestors were from Westmoreland & Richmond counties, am doing some historical research on the area. Have you heard of Farmers Fork? My grandmother’s grandfather was the postmaster there. Good to run into someone from the area! I’m from Norfolk (among other places in VA) but now live in West Virginia.

Outstanding! Through genealogy I’ve found that most of my English ancestors were from Westmoreland & Richmond counties, am doing some historical research on the area. Have you heard of Farmers Fork? My grandmother’s grandfather was the postmaster there. Good to run into someone from the area! I’m from Norfolk (among other places in VA) but now live in West Virginia.
Screenshot_20230321_203725_Maps.jpg
I know the place very well! Someone has recently spruced up the old post office so it looks a lot better nowadays.

That’s it! Mr. Belfield fixed it up, do you know him? There should be a plaque on there with Robert Hall’s name on it, that was my ancestor. Another ancestor (his father in law) was Reverend Templeman, he helped found the Crossroads. Do you know any Templemans by any chance? Or Halls? Or McKenneys?

So what kind of BP shooting do you do?

Yep, I'm here occasionally.
Outstanding, nice to “meet” you. Templeman’s Crossroads is named after my ancestor so my ears pricked up! Am doing some historical research on the Crossroads, does your mother in law happen to live right next to it? It’s a pity that new on-ramp destroyed part of it.

Outstanding, nice to “meet” you. Templeman’s Crossroads is named after my ancestor so my ears pricked up! Am doing some historical research on the Crossroads, does your mother in law happen to live right next to it? It’s a pity that new on-ramp destroyed part of it.
Likewise!
She attends the church that is right there, and lives on Neenah Road right around the corner, about 1/4 mile away.
That's pretty neat to have a place named after your family! It is kind of messed up by the new road though. Sort of confusing through there especially at night.

Likewise!
She attends the church that is right there, and lives on Neenah Road right around the corner, about 1/4 mile away.
That's pretty neat to have a place named after your family! It is kind of messed up by the new road though. Sort of confusing through there especially at night.
Wow, that’s awesome. Could you please ask her if she knows the folks who own the property just to the north of the crossroads? Am trying to get permission to photograph and map it.
By the way I notice you’re in “SE WV”, I’m in Fairmont myself. We drive through Princeton/Bluefield quite often to get to Florida!

Back