• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

northern minn.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
North of Mcgregor, MN. Anyone getting together these days to play?

I live about an hour south of Mcgregor. Joined twin cities muzzleloader this spring. They have a campout over memorial day. Have winter shoots Beaverbrook gun club very near my house.

Any BP shooting opportunities around the Rochester area? I will be having outpatient therapy for 3 weeks at Mayo.

Hey Dave Jim Beilke here. I have been shooting traditional percussion and flintlock for 30 years. stop out some time we can compare notes.

Dave ,sorry I missed your post. I have all kinds of walnut, ash and cherry. Give me a call or stop out sometime

Grand Marais, Minnesota here.. Would love to connect with any bp shooters .. Shooting percussion and bp cartridge as well as getting together with my parts in Battery I, 1st US Artillery to shoot full scale cannons and Gatling Guns every year.

Grand Marais, Minnesota here.. Would love to connect with any bp shooters .. Shooting percussion and bp cartridge as well as getting together with my parts in Battery I, 1st US Artillery to shoot full scale cannons and Gatling Guns every year.
Hi there! My mom was from Grand Marais. We used to spend summers at my grandparents cabin on Devil’s Track, load up on minnows from Grandpa’s gas station - Wally’s Pure Oil, and if we got lucky, a 10¢ ice cream cone from Dairy Queen.

Hi there! My mom was from Grand Marais. We used to spend summers at my grandparents cabin on Devil’s Track, load up on minnows from Grandpa’s gas station - Wally’s Pure Oil, and if we got lucky, a 10¢ ice cream cone from Dairy Queen.
Small world, we went to the “End of the Trail“ at Lake Saganoga, my family has been going there since the early 30’s I’ve only been going for 70 years. I see your from Arvada CO. My wife and I lived there for awhile in the 70’s. I built my first muzzleloader while we lived there .45 CVA Kentucky Rifle, built a few since then!

Small world, we went to the “End of the Trail“ at Lake Saganoga, my family has been going there since the early 30’s I’ve only been going for 70 years. I see your from Arvada CO. My wife and I lived there for awhile in the 70’s. I built my first muzzleloader while we lived there .45 CVA Kentucky Rifle, built a few since then!
When I was pretty young, we used to visit a relative who lived on Clearwater Lake, about half way up the trail. I think it was Clearwater Lodge, but not sure. I'll have to see if any of the relatives remember who that was. One of the drawbacks of being the oldest sibling :)

A little north of Duluth, Island Lake area.
I saw your post, we’re almost neighbors! I live just off Rice Lk Rd & Emerson rd. about 6 miles south of Island Lake and shoot at the Island Lk. Sportsman’s Club range. Cotton

I saw your post, we’re almost neighbors! I live just off Rice Lk Rd & Emerson rd. about 6 miles south of Island Lake and shoot at the Island Lk. Sportsman’s Club range. Cotton
Pretty darn close. I live on Island Lake and shoot across the lake at United Northern Sportsman club range. Same club isn’t it?

I’m in Florida till May but we should shoot together this spring. I haven’t seen anyone else shooting black powder over there.
Yeh it’s not real common but it’s never been crowded there when I shoot but no complaints. We definitely need to shoot this spring.

Latest posts

Back