• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

North Star West

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just noticed that North Star West has stopped taking orders due to health problems, although they will honor any existing orders. The company is for sale.
This is hard news on several levels but I'm sure it is unavoidable. All of my dealings with Matt have been 100% positive. We can only hope that whatever the problem is he comes through it all right. If the company is sold, let us hope the new owners carry on the tradition that started with Curly and continued with Matt.

And one of Matt's employees, Ric Carter ("waksupi" on some sites), a custom FL builder from Somers, MT will be out of work when that happens. Btw, he's an excellent craftsman (built my Chambers/Isaac Haines rifle)!

Very sorry to hear that. Let's hope things work out for the best. I have one of his officers model and it is a well made firearm. Matt has help me through the years and I wish him and his the very best.

So very sad to hear that. It'll be the end of a long tradition dating back to Curly. Will be a great loss to our sport.

Sad day for us in this sport. While I dont own one of his guns I have never heard one bad remark about the quality of them or their excellent customer service. Maybe someone will buy the business an carry on Curlys and now Matts tradition :thumbsup:

I echo previous comments. I have spoken to them on the phone and they were welcoming and answered my questions without hesitation. While I couldn't purchase one of their guns, although I literally wished the pictures off their web site, I did purchase one of their Indian thumb pieces for a Chief's Grade Trade Gun that is going onto a gun being built by a local gun builder who is a good and old friend.

My thoughts and prayers will be with them.

As we age we aren't surprised when we hear news such as this, but it sucks when it happens to decent folks! Matt is A-1 and very helpful and they stand behind their products. I wish him the best.
Nit Wit

Back