• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

North Oregon Coast

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilchis Jack

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone from the north oregon coast is here. I live in Tillamook, and find that the clubs that once were near, are all gone now.
I just bought some stuff from the guy that was at Fort Clatsop muzzleloaders, he said they lost their place to shoot.

Kilchis Jack

Jack: There used to be a bunch to the south near Coos Bay, Tioga Muzzleloaders or something like that. Not sure if they remain active. Another thing you could do is drive in to the valley to McMinnville and ask tg if he can come out and play!

:rotf:

It seems like the place to be. Alot of my friends went the way of the buffalo. We used to muzzleload shoot black powder rifles. I even went trapping with a man who died 2004 at 104 years old, he had such stories to tell and even wrote a book about his life. But like I say they went the way of the buffalo. Well, it's my turn to be the old guy!

Kilchis Jack, named by Pryor Mt. Bill Newton.

Who did you meet up with at the ft clatsop event?
We have changed our shoot grounds but the club still remains.
We shoot a tad nw of Salem and you are way more than welcome to play along!
PT me for more info if you like!

Brett

The way I got a hold of the guy was I called the number 503-325-8446. A man answered the phone and told me that the club was no longer. He said that the club had lost it's shooting range. He had some stuff for sale, and dropped by my house and sold me two tomahawks and two powder horns that were nice as well as a good throwing knife. You say you are shooting nw of Salem, would that be Forest Hills? I just recently heard they had found a new place to shoot, I may go to as shoot I think I saw a map. on their site.

Kilchis Jack

I sure appreciate the invite! I don't have period clothing as of yet, is that a problem? What day of the month do you meet? I would appreciate knowing where as well.

Kilchis Jack

3rd saturday of the month, meeting (short) at 9-9:30, shoot at 10 and go til about 2ish if one does all the games!
Dress not required!
If you have a gps in your vehical, I can send you the address and the GPS should take you right to it!
If not, I can back track mine and draw you up a map!

letme know!

Brett

Back