• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Noobie Cannon Builder, Need Some Help!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On page 186 of the 2007/8 Rifle Shoppe catalog is
a picture and short story by Ben Coogle with his
Dutch wall gun. The lock plate is 9 X i 5/8 with a
throw of2 5/16...Might be of some help ?????? Bore
is 1" X 72 long...That is all the info I have....

Claude said:
Drame22 said:
Let me just allay any doubts, since this seems to be a topic of interest; I don't follow rules that are clearly arbitrary. ... I won't follow a rule here that says you cannot use the phrase "stitch nazi". Or a rule saying you cannot talk about making powder.
And, that's why you are no longer here.

I wonder what other "rules" he or she doesn't like to follow? It clearly says " no pipes with end caps". whats so hard to understand about that?. Its like the guy on here earlier that posted a recipe on how to make Black powder. It seems like reading and comprehension has gone by the wayside.

He Clearly read and understood the rules... By his own admissions.....
He is just being defiant.
They have special buildings for people like that.....Ironically with nothing but rules to follow. :shake:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I thought I might find a few hints on carriage designs in this thread when I read the title.

Nothing but entertainment instead.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

NOT quite true. = "Wulf" looked up some VERY HELPFUL information for my ML Punt-Gun project, which I hadn't seen.

A search of the usual "engines" on the worldwideweird has little specific info on building punt-guns that is by any means "up to date" & it's a matter of "gathering up" bits & pieces of info to build a new "Big Gun".
(The single GREAT recent article on building a "Big Gun" comes out of a UK website & that one, while helpful, concerns building a single-shot breechloader from scratch. = NOT quite the same thing at all.)

My search for detailed information has taken to me to 4 States, numerous college libraries & not a few museums.
(Especial THANKS to the Univ. of MD/Baltimore County & the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum librarians for their KIND/patient assistance.)

yours, satx

My barrel is 60mm ID & about 7' 5" long or 226CM long & has an 18mm wall/SERIOUSLY HEAVY.

The Doodle-Bug rig's tool pusher said, "Get whatever you want outta that there pile of junk & take it with you."
(Can't beat FREE, though I'd hate to have to buy a stick of that tubing at retail. = I'd afraid to guess at its real cost. - Of course, you likely could NOT buy a single stick from a supplier.)

Note: The finished length of the Punt-Gun will be about 200CM, with a modified Brown Bess lock.
(Based on some WISE & KIND advice from another member, I'm going with a flintlock, that will be fired with a lanyard.)
The muzzle of the BigGun will extend about 400MM past the stem of the gunning punt.

Addenda: I also, on "my scrounging mission" helped myself to a piece of 12mm thick steel plate/scrap that will be used to make "small parts" for the gun-mount, etc.

yours, satx

Latest posts

Back