• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Non-Toxic Roundballs?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice if folks didn't complain about laws that keep more critters alive and huntable.
These laws have nothing to do with keeping wildlife alive and huntable.

Who has done more for conservation and wildlife, hunters or the anti-everything loons on the left? They spend the majority of their time outdoors protesting something or getting rescued off of a mountain or trail by responders.

Hunters are the true conservationist. We always have been.

These laws have nothing to do with keeping wildlife alive and huntable.

Who has done more for conservation and wildlife, hunters or the anti-everything loons on the left? They spend the majority of their time outdoors protesting something or getting rescued off of a mountain or trail by responders.

Hunters are the true conservationist. We always have been.
I never said hunters aren't conservationists. Some on the left are conservationists too and some on the left hunt as well. It's not a political issue and it shouldn't be. As we learn more we sometimes need to adapt to make sure the national treasures that are our wildlife and wild spaces are around for generations to come.
Alternatives have been mentioned in this thread. If it's a money issue one can always hunt with a selfbow and arrows.

I never said hunters aren't conservationists. Some on the left are conservationists too and some on the left hunt as well. It's not a political issue and it shouldn't be. As we learn more we sometimes need to adapt to make sure the national treasures that are our wildlife and wild spaces are around for generations to come.
Alternatives have been mentioned in this thread. If it's a money issue one can always hunt with a selfbow and arrows.
That is the classic mentality of the left. Adjust or too bad.

Buy an electric car. Can't afford one. Too bad, walk or ride a bike.

Yes, there are hunters and conservationists on the left side of politics. However, they are outnumbered by lunatics on the left who have no clue about conservation. All they know is they want everything they don't like or agree with banned.

Sorry, but it is a political issue. The left always makes it one.

That is the classic mentality of the left. Adjust or too bad.

Buy an electric car. Can't afford one. Too bad, walk or ride a bike.

Yes, there are hunters and conservationists on the left side of politics. However, they are outnumbered by lunatics on the left who have no clue about conservation. All they know is they want everything they don't like or agree with banned.

Sorry, but it is a political issue. The left always makes it one.
Would you say our wild spaces are better or worse off due to regulation, or the lack thereof? Would you prefer hunting the wild Dollar General on the road where the woods used to be?
The left doesn't "like" lead? :D
So which is it? Are the left tree hugging save-the-whalers or have "no clue about conservation"?
Folks unwilling to change have been around a long time.
I can tell this thread is going to go the way of the dodo soon so I'm done, I'll just leave this. :)
0jKipBX.jpg

Last edited:
There is a difference in regulation and over-regulation. Or, passing laws simply because you don't like or agree with something.

Take for example the bill in New York State that would have banned lead ammunition. It was sponsored and pushed by politicians in NYC. They never hunted, never wet a line, never lit a campfire in the woods. They don't like firearms and they don't like hunting. They don't care about the impact it would have had.

I waterfowl hunt quite a bit. I have been using non-toxic shot since it became the law of the land. I also remember how bad steel shot was in the beginning. I also realize that the days of lead ammunition are numbered, I just happen to feel that it should be implemented voluntarily and measured rather than just a blanket ban.

I understand and respect your take on this. Yes, we are better off with regulations rather than none. But regulation done out of spite, or regulation based on a political belief or agenda helps no one, and it certainly doesn't help wildlife. A great example of this is New Jersey. The anti's helped elect the Governor. He promised to ban bear hunting in New Jersey. He didn't go quite that far, but he did ban it on public land. Now the State has an unhealthy over-population of bears, with increasing negative and dangerous inter-actions between people and bears. But the anti's got their way. Did the hunters win? No. More importantly, did the bears win?

Certainly not.

I can understand if shot is eaten by birds of prey. But I have never recovered a ball in a deer. I have never even recovered a cast bullet from modern firearms either. Cup and core bullets will often stay inside or come apart to get lead particles inside.
However, non lead does not keep more huntable animals alive, lead harms birds of prey most. I like birds but I will not defend Kalifornia and the greeny weenies. A state that has peo[le defecate on the streets has gone too far.

Have you fellas been following the ev saga? There will never be one in my driveway. Then Texas had to cut power now and then because the wind did not blow. All of this junk science is like an inline that will never replace my flintlocks.

Would you say our wild spaces are better or worse off due to regulation, or the lack thereof? Would you prefer hunting the wild Dollar General on the road where the woods used to be?
The left doesn't "like" lead? :D
So which is it? Are the left tree hugging save-the-whalers or have "no clue about conservation"?
Folks unwilling to change have been around a long time.
I can tell this thread is going to go the way of the dodo soon so I'm done, I'll just leave this. :)
0jKipBX.jpg
Let it go, we have you figured.
Have you fellas been following the ev saga? There will never be one in my driveway. Then Texas had to cut power now and then because the wind did not blow. All of this junk science is like an inline that will never replace my flintlocks.
California has rolling brown outs due to the fact they are stupid. Wind and solar can't keep up. The sun doesn't always shine. The wind doesn't always blow, unlike the left wing politicians.

Let it go, we have you figured.

California has rolling brown outs due to the fact they are stupid. Wind and solar can't keep up. The sun doesn't always shine. The wind doesn't always blow, unlike the left wing politicians.
So does Texas, not that any of that matters to the subject at hand.

How do they check a sealed shot shell for lead? I realize that steel shot is magnetic, but I don't think Bismuth is, or is it? Maybe just the printing on the shell itself is enough. Not that many people (as a percentage of hunters) reload their 3" / 3 1/2" shells (trap & skeet loads yes, but not their hunting loads).

Back