• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Non muzzleloading firearms websites.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Historian

20 ga. Flintlock SXS
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Why are we seeing ads for these since they are Not pre 1865 muzzleloaders? These are not sidelock and would be akin to modern muzzleloaders which should be displayed on our sister site that focuses on modern muzzleloaders. Am I wrong?
1627627623310.png

I figured they either put it up here in error or part of their agreement was to put it on both sites. :dunno: It doesn't bother me, but I did think it was a bit odd.

It makes the moderators look foolish when they get on to people for discussion of in-lines , but they have a ad for one on the site, NO OFFENSE MEANT! Maybe they need the money…..

We can use this forum for free, I’ve just assumed it was part of the site development agreement to have adds posted on it to offset the site cost so it can remain free to use, I don’t like the modern adds, but it’s part of business and I do enjoy the forum so Im ok with a few non historical adds posted to keep the lights on.

It makes the moderators look foolish when they get on to people for discussion of in-lines , but they have a ad for one on the site, NO OFFENSE MEANT! Maybe they need the money…..

They ARE muzzle loaders, but yes they are inlines too, nobody asked me about ad content ever. <shrug>

I don't know if you guys get the ads on the right side of the forum screen as I do, but they often have zero to do with the forum...., I think they are generated different depending on your personal browser history....

Oh well...,

LD

Helps pay the bills and keeps the site up and running I guess?
Not directed at deermanok specifically, but to this idea in general.
Where does it stop? Advertising from Daniel Defense, FN, and Zevtech would also pay the bills.
And I like all those brands/manufacturers, but, they don't belong here.

Just like on the TV or radio, only easier.

If you don't like it, if it doesn't interest you, Don't Look at it!!!!!
I saw it this morning...glanced at it then moved on...I think that's sound advice.

Another option is for you to start your own forum... then YOU can decide what goes on it.

muzzle loading sites are going the way of the DODO BIRD! the new ones should be called LOADING SITES!

Let me see now.
It is taking nigh on 10 pages to remove a stuck mini-ball.
We're heading for page 2 on ads that have absolutely nothing to do with anything....hmmmm...I'm starting to see a trend here.... 🥴👈

Who you calling and old fart? :dunno:

I just ignore the popup ads, but the one of the ugly redhead scares the beegeebees out if me.
Now your statement being honest, true, and common sense, should end this thread.
But, I'll bet you money, it won't.:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back