• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

No Such Rifle !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Gents, there is no historical basis whatever for this flight of fancy, so, 'tongue in cheek' is the approach we'll be using. OK ? It's a rifle made here in the Hudson River Valley, 3rd or 4th qtr. 18c. A customer walks into an old Dutch gun builders shop with a rifle bbl. and wants a gun made using it. Our old Dutchman neither knows nor cares about nosecaps, patchboxes, cheeckpieces, etc. So, our customer gets a fowler with a rifle bbl. in it, in full Dutch style but way too short for our old Dutchman's taste. He's getting paid so he could care less. His customer got this and went away pleased (my gun and story so I can tell it any way I like). Now, there's a good half dozen or more things I'm not happy with at all so the 'critical eye' line forms right behind me. It's been a good 25 yrs. since I did a concept, to pattern, to finished gun. Have fun. View attachment 163878:p View attachment 163881View attachment 163882View attachment 163883View attachment 163885View attachment 163886View attachment 163880View attachment 163880
If you are unhappy with this "piece", feel free to send it to me!!! : )

If you are unhappy with this "piece", feel free to send it to me!!! : )
Pietro said the same thing a couple of days ago. I told him It was shipped and he should go stand in the driveway to meet the del. truck so he didn't miss it. That was two days ago. 'Haven't heard from him since. 'Hope it's not raining where he lives. :)

Lovely work of art. Obvious attention to detail without copying someone else's piece is what impresses me. What I see in your photos is an "original", not a copy of someone else's work. Mixing parts is no different than a painter's pallette. That so many have complimented on the end result tells the tale. Congratulations on a job well done.

Please keep us posted on your next one.

I want to sincerely thank all you guys who've liked and posted such nice comments. Sincerely. When I put my creature up here I just thought it'd be fun as something 'off the wall' for everybody, and I guess that part worked out. I'm pleased as punch that so many of you got some entertainment from it. 'Always fun to see what other guys are doing out there, especially if it's something out of left field. I'm the same way. Anyway, again, Thank You All! Cheers, Fred

Very nice gun. Great fantasy story of it. I love it Great job. 1 thing I may have missed is the caliber?
Rice, .54, 38" Early American. There are some other stats I put up in a prior post if you page back on this thread if interested. Thanks...!

Latest posts

Back