• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

No pic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Didn't get a picture due to weather but did get a nice doe with my cva mountain rifle that I converted to flint. Hunting the Missouri alternative weapons season is a little harder unless you have access to good food sources.

Attachments

• IMG_20211230_090552682.jpg
    IMG_20211230_090552682.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 48
This time of year with the rut done in many areas of the country, food sources and cover and certainly the prime areas. I have found it tough because in my area they don't want to travel far, so they bed very close to any fields that may still have crops standing (state lands that leave a portion unharvested) or still have some leftovers on the ground. Trying to get toward a field edge to sit in the evening often just pushes them back further into timber. Getting a late season deer of any type or size is a real trophy...especially with traditional weapons!

Recovered round ball today while processing deer I shot Wed. She was shot facing me at about 40 yds recovered ball under skin back hindquarter. Darn near good enough to shoot again.

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_135255502.jpg
    IMG_20211231_135255502.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 20
Wow...that almost does look like you could shoot another one with it !! Must have not hit any large bones.....

This is where someone says you should be using pure lead so it flattens. lol
If it bleeds out thru hole is better.

My RB,s that I recovered were really flattened and tore up and jagged.I never seen a projectile of any type be that intact and show no effects at all that it was used.Maybe it,s Tungsten. :p

Back