• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No! No! Get them away

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But an in-line is just a cartridge gun without the extra cartridge case!! :rolleyes: I don't think you can split that hair. šŸ˜‚

Uh ... but wait ... a traditional muzzle loader is just an inline you have to load from the front!! So it's also just a cartridge gun without the cartridge case.

Making moral decisions about these subtle differences is getting really difficult for me.

Uhhh...You mean to tell me I've wasted my time collecting cartridge cases to use in my flintlock!?

Get a flintlock, they forgive all sins. Well, not all but definitely the ones committed with naughty, urr...guns.

I've never worried about nor felt undergunned during any season. I've been using muzzleloaders in all seasons regardless whether it's general rifle or muzzleloader season. I, of course, do not use them during sharp stick season. :doh:

Lets see, loads from the muzzle using a ram rod, produces ignition using a percussion cap or a 209 primer ( lots of discussion now of days on converting percussion guns to accept a 209 primer due to lack of percussion caps) can be shot using black powder, or a sub (lots of discussion on the subs due to shortage of black powder)can be out fitted with a scope ( also discussion on scoped more traditional rifles for vrious reasons) shoots a bullet ( dreaded plastic sabot comes in here, but its just a progression of advancement the patch is the sabot of days gone bye)or ball depends on the shooters prefrence. Must be manually cocked, must have trigger pulled to fire. Basic firing sequence is set hammer, pull trigger trigger strikes primer, primer ignites charge, charge sends bullet down range, But the plastic stocks, we can buy production correct style guns with plastic stocks (also discussed here from time to time) So my take is yep its a muzzleloader we may not like them but there are a lot of hunters,shooters who do, there in lies the question are they true black powder folks, do they contribute to the sport, hobby and does it all trickle down one way or the other to related activities envolving black powder and the continuing of the hobbie. Each has there own ideals mine is I cut my own path and will never snub another for there means.
This is supposed to be a traditional muzzlwloading forum. It actually used to be exactly that. Sad.

Correct you are Russ, but the name has changed to the muzzleloading forum, The Question was asked I just posted my thoughts, times are changing for everything. And like I said I do not look down my nose at at anyones choice of weapons for either hunting or recreation as long as they are legal and safe. Things are getting tough for hunters, gun laws and those related things, like it or not we have to stand together on our sport what ever you choose to shoot.

Correct you are Russ, but the name has changed to the muzzleloading forum, The Question was asked I just posted my thoughts, times are changing for everything. And like I said I do not look down my nose at at anyones choice of weapons for either hunting or recreation as long as they are legal and safe. Things are getting tough for hunters, gun laws and those related things, like it or not we have to stand together on our sport what ever you choose to shoot.
There's the phrase "Keeping Tradition Alive" right below the heading. And tradition does not include plastic stocked guns. As this trend toward discussing non-traditional firearms grows I find myself spending less time here.

Of the many modern in-line shooters & hunters I know and they know I like to shoot & hunt with original ML - in all the years, I have never heard any of them discredit my choice.

Check states rules on them, yep muzzle loaders, we might no like it but it is what it is. Like I said never down a man for what he hunts with might not like it but he is still part of the hunting,shooting brotherhood. And right now we need everyone we can get reguardless of what they choose to use. Russ a hundred years from now they will be traditional, when they are using lazers to hunt with, hang in there it really is nothing to lose sleep over.šŸ˜‰

Last edited:
some may call me a slut, but if it goes bang or expels a projectile by any means i like it.
But.... i find the most peace and serenity shooting a flintlock. this forum is about and limited to traditional muzzleloaders. and i enjoy the information and pictures and camaraderie of the purist sharing their knowledge, lusts and trivia in the theme of traditional muzzleloaders.
doesn't mean i don't cat around on other forums.:ghostly:

Back