• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No More Gun Building Videos on You Tube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is A LOT of conservative stuff on YouTube. I feel like there is more conservative stuff than non-partisan or liberal stuff. I do think they are going after guns, but as Bill says, only where it doesn’t cost them much money. I just watched a video where the guys replicated pipe bombs from Tremors and then did the job right with a real pipe bomb they set off. I think they literally have different rules for different levels of YouTubers. I think it might be worthwhile to make videos repairing antique replicas. No rants, no code words except for anything that says build, is repair and anything that is gun or firearm is antique replica. I have watched and enjoyed your videos and would probably follow you to rumble at least to try, but for now YouTube is the big player. Being disciplined about how you present, might be worth it.

They only put 26 back out of over 200. Its like reading a book with most of the pages torn out. The videos are a series rather than a bunch of stand alone ones. And they did it after saying that appeal is denied on all of them. I think its better to just be done with You Tube. They still have me on suspension so I can't do anything with the account for a week. When that is over I will just delete everything. But first I will post a video telling the subscribers where they can find me.

There is A LOT of conservative stuff on YouTube. I feel like there is more conservative stuff than non-partisan or liberal stuff. I do think they are going after guns, but as Bill says, only where it doesn’t cost them much money. I just watched a video where the guys replicated pipe bombs from Tremors and then did the job right with a real pipe bomb they set off. I think they literally have different rules for different levels of YouTubers. I think it might be worthwhile to make videos repairing antique replicas. No rants, no code words except for anything that says build, is repair and anything that is gun or firearm is antique replica. I have watched and enjoyed your videos and would probably follow you to rumble at least to try, but for now YouTube is the big player. Being disciplined about how you present, might be worth it.
What you have to take into consideration is that some may feel that having to “Be disciplined about how you present” is a compromise to their values, I don’t know Bill but he sounds like a man with a set of principles that he is not interested in bending just to satisfy someone who doesn’t share his values, sometimes doing what’s right always the easiest, but it sure makes for a better nights sleep.

That is what You Tube and Google specialize in. There is much more liberal stuff than conservative on You Tube, but you do not se it. That is because you watch conservative videos and go to conservative websites. They track EVERYTHING you do on the computer or telephone and steer you towards that sort of content. Liberals do not have conservative videos pop up on You Tube. Have you ever had a conversation with someone and afterwards you suddenly start seeing advertisements with the same subject as the conversation? It is not a coincidence. That happens because the phone in your pocket was listening to everything you said.

I am not about to go dancing around trigger words or any of that sort of nonsense. I am going to BUILD rifles. Not repair them. And they will be RIFLES that are new. I don't replicas. I build new rifles that are the same style as old ones. They may resemble one kind of rifle more than another but they are not copies of anything. There will be no attempt to appease the woke bunch hoping that hoping they will let me join in if I just play along. I will do the videos the way that I want to and if You Tube does not like it, I will go elsewhere.

What you have to take into consideration is that some may feel that having to “Be disciplined about how you present” is a compromise to their values, I don’t know Bill but he sounds like a man with a set of principles that he is not interested in bending just to satisfy someone who doesn’t share his values, sometimes doing what’s right always the easiest, but it sure makes for a better nights sleep.
I can understand and respect that. I think though that there is a certain amount of compromise a person can make and still be true to themselves.

That is what You Tube and Google specialize in. There is much more liberal stuff than conservative on You Tube, but you do not se it. That is because you watch conservative videos and go to conservative websites. They track EVERYTHING you do on the computer or telephone and steer you towards that sort of content. Liberals do not have conservative videos pop up on You Tube. Have you ever had a conversation with someone and afterwards you suddenly start seeing advertisements with the same subject as the conversation? It is not a coincidence. That happens because the phone in your pocket was listening to everything you said.

I am not about to go dancing around trigger words or any of that sort of nonsense. I am going to BUILD rifles. Not repair them. And they will be RIFLES that are new. I don't replicas. I build new rifles that are the same style as old ones. They may resemble one kind of rifle more than another but they are not copies of anything. There will be no attempt to appease the woke bunch hoping that hoping they will let me join in if I just play along. I will do the videos the way that I want to and if You Tube does not like it, I will go elsewhere.
You’ve happened across the most liberal guy on the forum that actually posts stuff. You are correct in that I get conservative ads directed at me constantly. I think it’s because I do a lot of things that are considered “conservative”. As mentioned, I can respect that you won’t bend in this regard. It just seems a shame to me that you can’t figure a way to stay in the spotlight.

I was following Bill Raby's 4 bore build videos. He usually put out a new one every Friday. I think the last was 57 or 58. I noticed all of his previous videos were gone from You tube. Pooch 156 said they are back up; but they aren't not all of them and not the latest where he is doing the final carving.

If Kim kardashian made videos of herself assembling a flintlock, then it would be Ok with you tube. That’s our society now.

You’ve happened across the most liberal guy on the forum that actually posts stuff. You are correct in that I get conservative ads directed at me constantly. I think it’s because I do a lot of things that are considered “conservative”. As mentioned, I can respect that you won’t bend in this regard. It just seems a shame to me that you can’t figure a way to stay in the spotlight.
I think he’ll just move the spotlight...

I don't really need a spotlight. If I was not doing the NMLRA promotions nobody would have any idea what I look like.

That's easy. I don't do Youtube. There are other services out there....but I'm lucky and just put on my own website..... My final visit was in moderating on a FB group. the person posted a link for a recipe on the tube..... this is the screenshot of my final view of tube:

This was likely an advertisement that preceded whatever it was they wanted group members to see. It infuriated me. (photo screenshot) YouTube owned by Google, will remove historical picture slide shows Video, and other type of content involving guns and actual history, but they allow THIS manure? Not for me!!

Plus, All the groups I Admin or moderate on now have a no Youtube link policy. Violation will get a person 1 warning and need post approval turned on, then blocked on a 2nd offence. No quarter given.

Just a side note, Google bought Youtube some time ago, so I'm switching all correspondence back to one of my domain email addresses. no more gmail.

Attachments

• 200930788_10215489334986507_7201345671123325514_n.jpg
    200930788_10215489334986507_7201345671123325514_n.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 56
Bill, I'm no conservative on many "button" issues, but am a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment. I streamed your Lancaster on my TV via Youtube and will miss being able to stream them unless another streaming service is used. Our society is screwed up on so many levels from both the left and right.

Bill is doing fine with his 4-bore build getting up-loaded. And I generally do learn things from watching them, Like deja vu again and again...
I think he is up to Episode 11 or 12 now, inletting the barrel. So big and so heavy that it takes a dozen episodes to get the sucker in there.
There are other builders who ae also getting their productions cut - getting to really dislike the "woke" bit and cancelling people. What ever happened to differing opinions? I guess they want us to be sheeple and all think the same. Just another way of keeping good folks away from firearms.

I got Part 12 uploading right now. It has been going for 277 minutes and its 39% finished. It is going to take a while to get everything posted again.

When I made these I turned the quality all the way up so it would be a nice sharp picture when you watch it on a big TV. Problem is that each video has a file size that is about 8 to 10 gigabytes. I have been thinking about going to 4K but the file sizes get 4 times as big then. Rumble has a 15 gigabyte per video limit. At full quality I could get about 13 to 15 minutes on a video. If you don't go with full quality there is not point to doing 4K. I think for the next series I will probably make each part about 20 minutes. It would just make things a bit more manageable.

Back