• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No Hunting Sign

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that this thread was meant for laughs. Has anyone heard of using purple paint to mark a property for no hunting? I’m in PA and was told this is a real thing. What if you are color blind? A splash of paint seems stupid

It seems that this thread was meant for laughs. Has anyone heard of using purple paint to mark a property for no hunting? I’m in PA and was told this is a real thing. What if you are color blind? A splash of paint seems stupid
North Carolina has that practice instead of signs on outward facing trees on property lines.

A splash of purple whether color blind or not, will get your arrested in Texas. Should you have a gun, you have now committed a FELONY. and looking at prison time.

No more guns and no more hunting.

Reminds me of that old hippie song, ‘Signs’. I couldn’t imagine strange people wandering around on my land without my specific consent, particularly during hunting season and ‘legally invited’, as they would be because of that sign. The legal liabilities to a landowner for posting a sign like that is mind boggling. That said, I do allow some folks to hunt my land, but certainly not the entire population.
Don't know about Tennessee - but if you invite folks to come hunt your place without you being present you need to give those folks a signed letter of authorization with their name on it in case the local game warden should stop by and check licenses. You can bet the local warden knows who belongs where and is a most welcome presence to anyone with land in helping keep poachers out. It's a growing issue here in Texas with all the D.Y. coming here to live and thinking all this open land is free range.

Last edited:
Texas law recognizes the paint as no trespassing or hunting. It's a great idea, and easy to mark a lot of fence posts instead of hanging signs.

Folks like to shoot signs, kinda hard to see bullet holes in purple paint.

In Maryland blue rings on trees or fence posts is used, also a signed permission slip from the property owner is required. The area I hunt on has both with blue paint and no trespassing signs. Also have agreement with the other property owner to retrieve downed game that crosses the line if need be. As a plus the owner of the area I hunt his uncle is the local game warden.

A splash of purple whether color blind or not, will get your arrested in Texas. Should you have a gun, you have now committed a FELONY. and looking at prison time.

No more guns and no more hunting.
Why is purp)e paint not allowed?

F.W.I.W., In Texas purple paint, posted signs,or fences are not necessary. If you are on private property with out written permission you are trespassing. If you are caught in possession of a firearm while trespassing you are in a heap of trouble.

Well, Maine is very different than the rest of you. Most of it is privately owned but open to hunting. People have to eat. Its not a bunch of deer ranches leased like Texas. Its not a pile of keep off my land like "some states". We get along. We don't litigate. We don't litter. We go onto adjoining property unless its specifically posted. We don't tear it up with 4X4's. We enjoy going next door to put venison in our freezers, catch native trout, and respect our opportunity to do so. We return to help the guy who owns it put a roof on or split his wood because he had a stroke and can no longer do it himself.
Its the way things should be up here, long before the rest of the U.S. got baked. Its normal up here to go anywhere you are not challenged by a hippie sign.
You should try it. We all get along. I'll never go back to that rest of the country. 2 cents.
Sounds like I should move there.

Its real. Its up here too, mostly to protect free ranging cow or horse fields. At least its the only place Ive seen it. Not only is it faster and cheaper than hanging signs, people cant rip it down and walk in.

Well, Maine is very different than the rest of you. Most of it is privately owned but open to hunting. People have to eat. Its not a bunch of deer ranches leased like Texas. Its not a pile of keep off my land like "some states". We get along. We don't litigate. We don't litter. We go onto adjoining property unless its specifically posted. We don't tear it up with 4X4's. We enjoy going next door to put venison in our freezers, catch native trout, and respect our opportunity to do so. We return to help the guy who owns it put a roof on or split his wood because he had a stroke and can no longer do it himself.
Its the way things should be up here, long before the rest of the U.S. got baked. Its normal up here to go anywhere you are not challenged by a hippie sign.
You should try it. We all get along. I'll never go back to that rest of the country. 2 cents.
very well said my brother!!!!

My brother in law and his wife - now in their 80's - tell a much different tale than yours about living in Maine......
He is a land owner and has had his podiatry business in Maine (for the last 40 years)
He continuously has trespassers that hunt illegally on his property, leaves piles of trash when they do, has "dumpers" drop off their old mattresses and piles of brush and tear up his dirt roads with 4 wheel drive trucks playing in the mud when it rains.
At one time, maybe Maine was like your utopia - maybe it still is where you live. It's not like that in most of the state though.
And you have Susan Collins in Maine - endorsed by POLITICO...... A blue hearted witch wearing a red shirt.
Don't degrade other states for just the few bad things you see. A lot of the once open private lands in Texas are now closed because of the mindless destruction caused by the huge influx of Northeasterners and left coasters fleeing the oppressive liberal nature of their home states - who openly trespass and trash the wide open spaces here.
From what I can see - I'll stay here in Texas. If you take the time to get to know the farmers and ranchers here most of them will open up and allow the non destructive use of the property. Take a look at the list of properties that private land owners in Texas have listed with the TPWD for use by private hunters - access by hunters that have registered with the state and are responsible people. Along with public hunting land that acreage is larger than the entire state of Maine.

At one time, maybe Maine was like your utopia - maybe it still is where you live. It's not like that in most of the state though.
I don't live in most of the state. Don't know how populated it was where you had relatives. I live and hunt mid coast to the central highlands. Its still clean and uncrowded. You based this on what THEY said, not your own time spent here?
Respectfully, I've been in Texas. Keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back