• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No Excuses NEW 54 cal 485 gr bullet Reviews?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly one that I shot at with a Hornady Great Plains didn't die...it was a clean miss.
Sorry, I had that old audiotape from Mississippi 911 playing in my head of the guy that picked up a buck thinking it was 'road kill' but was still quite alive. And the pack of hounds chasing the buck had surrounded him at the phone booth. There are modern reproductions of that call but the original was quite hilarious.

Last edited:
Nope, I much prefer round ball. A lot less hurt at my end. I'd shoot the other style muzzleloader if I wanted to use conicals.

.490 round ball vs elk

Attachments

• P1040944.JPG
    P1040944.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
My plan for my “Traditional” muzzleloader will be a PC REAL at 8Bhn for my Green Mountain barrel

No excuses would definitely be my choice if I didn’t cast.
5968335E-97F4-4F64-A024-24F2F9E09C34.png
1FDE84F9-373C-4264-BC5D-DD58521E219C.jpeg

does the PC add much more of a " bite " at the muzzle when loading? My brother PC for many projectiles, just never tried it on a conical.

Not really. Plus this is strictly a hunting rifle - Id clean it well every few shots, so it’s not like a build up of crud will happen. Also no Lube needed.

It’s a 3 shot , squeaky clean bore situation… as if a hunting bore. Plus the PC “Just fits the rifle” , a Modern traditional.

Latest posts

Back