• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

NMLRA - Spring 2021 Forum Woodswalk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barry

Are you going to use your new Kibler rifle? I wont make it, will be shooting long range ML match at Camp Atterbury that day.

Fleener

Barry

Are you going to use your new Kibler rifle? I wont make it, will be shooting long range ML match at Camp Atterbury that day.

Fleener
I will not be using my .36 Kibler SMR - great rifle but it just does not ring steel with enough authority. I very likely will use my new Kibler .58 Colonial - or I may go back to shooting a smoothbore

Barry

So a change in my summer plans now makes a trip to Friendship in June a possibility. But being pretty new to muzzleloading I don't yet know what this big event is all about. A woods walk shoot sounds like fun, and is what I have done before. Anyone have advice about what to do/see the first time at this event?

The majority of the Vendors will leave around mid week..
Usually the first weekend is the best for shopping with blanket traders in the Primitive area and flea markets at both ends of the shooting ranges.
The sheep sheds (Vendors area) will be open as well as the shooting ranges.

Stay as long as you can , there’s plenty too see & do..
Wear comfortable shoes! You can do a lot of walking there..

The Forum Woods Walk is a blast and it’s always good too put a face with a name!

Im looking forward too it.
Again!
Roughly 15 shots or so

Thought I would get a thread started for planning our forum woods walk. As usual I will propose we all meet at the woods walk for a noon start on the first Sunday of the shoot. Who is in?

Barry
Barry, I have a target Trent asked me to weld repair Sept. 2019. I haven't been to Friendship since. I will bring it in June. I don't know who will be running the range. I will leave it at the range shack when I get there.

Barry, I have a target Trent asked me to weld repair Sept. 2019. I haven't been to Friendship since. I will bring it in June. I don't know who will be running the range. I will leave it at the range shack when I get there.

You bring up a good question - I have no idea what is up with the Woodswalk or who is running it. I am heading down to Friendship this Thursday night for a few days of "camping" so I will check out the range

Last edited:
Barry

There will be board members there for a work weekend this coming weekend. You could look up Jerry V. or Jeff C. they might be able to give you more info.

I believe that there are a couple of folks that are or will be running the woodswalk, but I dont know their names.

We should have some new targets for the woodswalk if they are wanted. The new targets will most likely not be available until after the June shoot.

The woodswalk is targeted for some work as part of the range improvement work we are doing. We are planning on making improvements to the path, make it more useable in wet conditions and easier walking for people with limited mobility issues.

FLeener

Barry

There will be board members there for a work weekend this coming weekend. You could look up Jerry V. or Jeff C. they might be able to give you more info.

I believe that there are a couple of folks that are or will be running the woodswalk, but I dont know their names.

We should have some new targets for the woodswalk if they are wanted. The new targets will most likely not be available until after the June shoot.

The woodswalk is targeted for some work as part of the range improvement work we are doing. We are planning on making improvements to the path, make it more useable in wet conditions and easier walking for people with limited mobility issues.

FLeener

good to know.

Trent and I lead an effort back in 2019 to start those upgrades. We did get the railing put in for the steep part of the path as well as lots of "detail" improvements. Good to know that the work is continuing.

Barry

Sounds like fun.... I wish I could join you but will be working at the archery range that day.
Stop up and say hi if you are able. Who knows - I might be able to talk you into shooting a bow!!!

See you soon Fleener!

Sounds like fun.... I wish I could join you but will be working at the archery range that day.
Stop up and say hi if you are able. Who knows - I might be able to talk you into shooting a bow!!!

See you soon Fleener!
I do a little bow shootin also!

Barry, I plan on being there, after missing the past couple years.
Be good to see you all again. Leon

Latest posts

Back