• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA rules, unlimited pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scota@4570

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Copyright 2015 - National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association -
6103 – UNLIMITED HANDGUN –
6103.5 – Ammunition – Round ball and bullets are allowed.

For NMLRA competition, with the unlimited target pistols, bullets are OK.

Question, is a bullet that is mechanically fitted to the bore allowed? That is like a Witworth, with it's hexagonal bullets that fit the rifling. I have made a size die from an a cut off of the barrel used to make the pistol. The bullets so sized are a perfect fit in the barrel. I see it as a separate false muzzle that is not attached the barrel.

Are such bullets allowed in competition?

Copyright 2015 - National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association -
6103 – UNLIMITED HANDGUN –
6103.5 – Ammunition – Round ball and bullets are allowed.

For NMLRA competition, with the unlimited target pistols, bullets are OK.

Question, is a bullet that is mechanically fitted to the bore allowed? That is like a Whitworth, with it's hexagonal bullets that fit the rifling. I have made a size die from an a cut off of the barrel used to make the pistol. The bullets so sized are a perfect fit in the barrel. I see it as a separate false muzzle that is not attached the barrel.

Are such bullets allowed in competition?

Allowed? As long as you can find no rule against it. NMLRA Rules and Regulations — The NMLRA ...It`s just a type of rifling. Problem with Whitworth type rifling is they require extra cleaning. Bad choice during your LTF, extra hassle all the time. People are mostly winning with .32 or .36 cal. Patched ball in the single shots. Less recoil = more comfort = equals better scores on average. If you doubt this come to Friendship in June. You can ask all the National Champs what they think. Being welcomed and helped is the norm for new shooters. you don`t have to have a gun.We have lender match pistols. If you join us you will find me on or next too point # 13...c

I'd love to attend someday.

The gun in question is 30 cal. IT is an under hammer of my own design. The bullets are 30 cal rifle bullets. They are pre-engraved to fit the rifling in a size die made from a piece of the same barrel.

I used "Witworth" as an example of this idea.

I'd love to attend someday.

The gun in question is 30 cal. IT is an under hammer of my own design. The bullets are 30 cal rifle bullets. They are pre-engraved to fit the rifling in a size die made from a piece of the same barrel.

I used "Whitworth" as an example of this idea.

Sounds interesting. one of our top shots competes with both a Caplock and Flintlock underhammer of his own design. When your at the match you may sneak a peek at them. Just don`t let him know you are a builder...c

Back