• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

NMLRA members

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am wondering how many of us on this forum are also members of the National Muzze Loading Rifle Association? I am thinking of joining.
I am a long-time member, and my dad was a member before me, starting in the early fifties. I did have a long hiatus of non-membership while finishing my schooling, attending to family responsibilities, and then getting settled in my career, but I got back on the wagon as soon as I could.

The NMLRA does a lot of good. I don’t enjoy Muzzle Blasts as much as I used to for some reason, but I can usually find something interesting in every issue. One perk of membership about which some folks may not know is that every issue of Muzzle Blasts, and I mean every last one of them, has been digitized and put online. The older ones, mainly the 1950’s through the seventies, are a trove of information.

I expect I’ll re-up when my current multi-year membership expires.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

I joined about 3 years ago I guess. They were very supportive of a bunch of us N-SSA guys getting trained as NRA-certified Muzzleloading Instructors and helping teach kids to shoot. So, I supported them by joining up. I've only ever been to one local NMLRA shoot though. Too busy with N-SSA stuff.

I've been a member since 2015. I attend both shoots every year since & go over about 6-8 times other times of the year. Several years ago, the New Years Day Shoot cookout was born so we can shoot instead of watching those boring parades & football games. If you join, come on over on NYD & shoot with us.
The beauty of that shoot is...you have the opportunity to try all kinds of other guns & eat like a KING all day long.
Here is an example of a recent NYD shoot:

2021 NYD shoot:

Was a member from about 1970 until the slick paper magazine replaced the old format magazine ,in 1990's. . Old mag. seemed to have more info , and some photo information. New slick photo magazine seems to have lotsa photo's , and less info. . Hope the tradition can survive the changes. Too old to care about most of the doins anyway.. Best to all

I am a long-time member, and my dad was a member before me, starting in the early fifties. I did have a long hiatus of non-membership while finishing my schooling, attending to family responsibilities, and then getting settled in my career, but I got back on the wagon as soon as I could.

The NMLRA does a lot of good. I don’t enjoy Muzzle Blasts as much as I used to for some reason, but I can usually find something interesting in every issue. One perk of membership about which some folks may not know is that every issue of Muzzle Blasts, and I mean every last one of them, has been digitized and put online. The older ones, mainly the 1950’s through the seventies, are a trove of information.

I expect I’ll re-up when my current multi-year membership expires.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob
Good for you! Keep on truckin'!:)

My family have been members since 1938, saving up for my life membership and one for my daughter currently.
@ILoveMuzzleloading, you and BP Maniac are the reasons I joined. In fact I saw both of you guys at different times on Saturday but I didn't want to bother either one of you.[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

It’s so great to hear that Patrick, Mark is one of the best ambassadors for the sport ever. Next time, please bother us! I’d love to hear how you got into muzzleloading

Latest posts

Back