• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

NMLRA members

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been for over 20 years. Helps our club, we have hosted Territorials etc. Muzzle Blast is one of the only mags I probably read every article in. And, you can order cool targets as well.

Thought about it and was going to join and camp at the Southeastern this year, went there for a walkabout to check it out and was disappointed with the whole thing. Location was not the best and was told that some of the vendors/traders could not get their trailers down to the site because of the road and grade. Seemed like a wasted trip. Saving my money to help my local shooting club instead, at least for now.

I joined the NMLRA in June of 1968, became a life member in 1996, and joined the One of One Thousand program some years back. The NMLRA is not perfect, but it does more than any other organization to promote and preserve our hobby of traditional muzzleloading. People who don't want to pay $50 a year can get the digital version of Muzzle Blasts for the reasonable price of $35 a year.

I was 40 years ago, rejoined two years ago. Chances of attending anything are getting slimmer and frankly, $50 is pretty steep for a magazine vastly different than what I enjoyed in the old days. Lovely magazine, but stories of rich people shooting exotic critters isn't my interest. Debating whether to send them $50 or put a half-tank of gas in my truck.
How far ya gonna go on a gallon of gas ,anyway ?

Used to be, still go to some events, but I have family with disabilities who need accessible bathrooms and such.

I am. I joined mainly for John Curry's articles. I have an electronic membership as I can read the mag online. Will I shoot there? Probably not. I blow down the barrel and disagree with them on that. I consider that rule unsafe. Such is life. Magazine is okay.

Interesting but wondering why NMLRA is almost unheard of on the west coast. Personally My wife and I belong to 4 BP clubs. Go to about 8/10 Rhondys a year. Even at the PPR regional with at least 800 shooters every year there’s absolutely no mention of NMLRA. All the clubs we belong to are insured by the NRA with 2 of them mandatory to join. Reading many of the BP pages I find that the west is a hot bed of BP more so than any other region. From my house alone there’s six, four day Rhondys within 100 miles and many more within 200. All on private ranches with multiple trail walks, shotgun etc. SO WHY NO NMLRA ?
Doc,

Latest posts

Back