• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

NMLRA Artillery Safety & Drill Course

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleywyoung

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering if anyone here is planning on attending the NMLRA Artillery Safety & Drill Course on November 5th, 2005? There is also an Instructor Course the following day, and this is all at Friendship, IN of course.

Yes, I believe it's something like $120.00 for non-NMLRA members and $85.00 for NMLRA members. The non-member fee includes a membership and everything that entails. It seems sort of pricey but I think it might be worth it - or at least I hope so. :thumbsup:

As I understand it, this covers the costs of the materials, powder and transport of some demos. Anyone else have details?

CS

Yes, you're right, that does cover materials and such, although I'm not sure about the powder and such - I don't know either way. I'm a self-admitted newbie to cannons and the like as I've only been firing them for a little over a year so I'm sure there's someone here that knows more about this particular course.

Ah, neat, all the more reason for me to get off my arse and sign up, eh? May I assume that you're a CW reenactor from the emoticon you used in your last post?

May I assume that you're a CW reenactor from the emoticon you used in your last post?

I used to be involved with Civil War Reenacting and the NSSA way back in the 1970

Well, perhaps this is the first time for this particular course but I know the NMLRA has had courses very similar to this in the past as two friends of mine, Father Thomas and Sgt. Landeau of Fort Bon Secours, have attended in the past. I'm slowly getting into F&I myself. I hope to see you there!

P.S. - What would I call you by if I saw you there?

I just just talked with the NMLRA representative Buddy Townsend, (765) 289-6706 and he informed me that this course will be held every two years. The total class size is 95 students and at the last course they were full to capacity.

This is also only the second time the Instructor

Wow, thanks for passing all of that information along - I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll be able to attend and I'll be sure to look you up when I'm there, Ed. Thanks again. :hatsoff:

Back