• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

nipple size

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TARGUY

32 Cal.
Reaction score
hello to all, hope the freezer is starting to fill.
i have a 54 hatfield percussion. would anyone know the nipple,thread size?

Contact Austin and Halleck. They might know since Hatfield was a parent company. Try Also Dixie Gun Works.
A trick.
clean and oil your old nipple until it unscrews in and out. easily by hand
if you have access to several different brands of nipples off of friends or your own guns you can eye ball em
place the nipples bottom to bottom to see if they are the same diameter
if they are the same diameter place the threaded ends of the nipples together one on top of the other

the threads should mesh and if you can not see light between the threads they should be a match
carfully see if the nipple will thread into the drum do it gingerly by hand DO NOT FORCE IT :shocking:
I know Austin and Halleck barrels are made in Spain. I'm not sure about Hatfeild. If it is a Spanish Barrel a CVA nipple might work. :hmm:

Rich,.... I had'a Hatfield back in tha 80's and if'n I 'member correctly tha nipple was'a "standard .250x28"!!

I cain't 'member who made ther barrels, but jest 'fore they went out'a business they'ed quit make'n ther own locks and were use'n Pedersoli locks.

I use'ta have an address fer'a place in Mo. thet sold "parts" fer Hatfields, don't even know if "they" are still in business.
Sorry I ain't much help!!

YMHS
rollingb

Latest posts

Back