• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Nipple size?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought my first percussion revolver! All ready to start down another rabbit hole I guess. It’s a Pietta 58 Remington model. I have read some threads and many people change the stock nopales out. Is that necessary? Is a new, unfixed stock model.
And does anyone know the proper nipple size for the Pietta .44?

If it shoots leave it alone.
Check out Track of the Wolf. They have a very good selection and use description.

Pietta has good factory nipples because they fit pretty much any cap . You can pinch CCI #11, Remington 10s will fit , RWS 1075 will fit.

If you find that you are just using CCI #11 like many people, it may be worth getting Track of the Wolf nipples sized for CCI #11

I have Piettas that have stock nipples and I shoot them all the time, if they work they work

Old guy suggestion - go ahead and obtain a set (6) of the exactly identical replacement nipples AND a perfectly-fitting nipple wrench now, while you know what is needed. Keep them in the factory box. Sooner or later, you'll be glad you did both. Trying to find a replacement nipple or that perfect wrench when "something" happens can be both frustrating and needlessly costly.

You should be fine with the factory nipples in your Remington, the Remingtons generally have less cap problems. As said, shoot it first, change them if you need to. I had an issue with mine years ago, changed them out with traditions nipples and never looked back.
As Snakedoctor said, Slixshots are everything they're claimed to be.

Well, I should have read Pete453 before I bought the Slickshot nipples. They DoNot work with CCI #10 caps! I have a full case of #10’s, so I have to use the stock Pietta nipples anyway. I will keep the Slickshots at $40.00 for 6 because I may find some #11’s someday. Slickshots nipple wrench is first class, should last forever.

CCI #10's are too small for most anything. This is why you can't say just 10's or 11's . . .

CCI 11's are comparable with Remington 10's and RWS 1075's .
I know nobody has ever heard this before . . .

Mike

You sure you have CCI #10s? From my experience they don't fit the stock nipples either. Mike help me out here but the CCI #10s if I recall fit the little 31s but not much else

Back