• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Nipple Size for Uberti - mystery solved?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried figuring out Jedediah Starr's part numbers but got tired of looking.

That said, the .235 thread diameter is a 6mm thread.

Look for the 6mm X .75mm threaded revolver or cap & ball nipples.

I mention this because there is a longer 6mm X .75mm nipple that fits the single shot pistols and rifles and it won't work in your revolver.

Zonie said:
I tried figuring out Jedediah Starr's part numbers but got tired of looking.

That said, the .235 thread diameter is a 6mm thread.

Look for the 6mm X .75mm threaded revolver or cap & ball nipples.

I mention this because there is a longer 6mm X .75mm nipple that fits the single shot pistols and rifles and it won't work in your revolver.

Jeb Starr's Ampco #1 Nipple section has a dropdown that includes nipples referenced as either "Older Italian" or "Newer Italian" andtheir sizes. I've only ordered the "Newer Italian" & they fit as original (for the Colt 1862 New Police, they are a proper length, not found in the factory nipple length).

You got to be kidding me!!! It's this hard to locate and install new Ampco nipples in my new Uberti? They don't provide an exact thread size? Thank you in advance.

gh

Back