• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nipple size for Investarms Hawken.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perf94

40 Cal
Reaction score
I recently acquired a Investarms Hawken carbine in 50 cal. The barrel is 23 inches from muzzle to breach block. The stock is a nice figured walnut.
The nipple is missing? Anyone know what size nipple should it require?
Thanx

Also notice, there are two lengths of nipples.
There are short nipples that are made to be used in cap & ball revolvers and their are tall nipples that are used in rifles, shotguns and single shot pistols.

If you go to a place like Track of the Wolf, read their descriptions of which gun the nipple is made for. I'm pretty sure they will list your rifle.

Look for nipple number RLP-S in this link. (or for a similar Stainless steel nipple)

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/807/2

Merely a suggestion: Go to your local hardware store and pick up 6 by .75 mm screw, and verify that it fits before ordering nipples. Just in case someone screwed up the threads. (sorry for the pun)

I used to think all nipples that took #11 caps were the same.....wrong! You have as stated above, different heights along with different thread sizes depending on who made the gun, the model and what country the barrel was made in. I didn't discover that until I tried to put a T/C nipple (1/4 x 28 thread) on a CVA rifle and a CVA Kentucky pistol which took a 6 mm x 1 thread.

Merely a suggestion: Go to your local hardware store and pick up 6 by .75 mm screw, and verify that it fits before ordering nipples. Just in case someone screwed up the threads. (sorry for the pun)
As I fine myself at one of the big box hardware stores almost daily that is a GREAT idea! I'll check it out tomorrow.
Thanx

No it is a 6-.75 mm nipple for that InvestArm Hawken my friend and not a 6x1.

Trust me I own one.

Go to TOW web site and type in (RLP-MS) that’s the part number for that nipple.

Items Per Page: 10 25 50 75 100
|< First < Previous Viewing page 1 of 1 Next > Last >|
|< First < Previous Viewing page 1 of 1 Next > Last >|
Top of Page Home

Track of the Wolf, Inc.

Last edited:
You will find that ‘generally’ the Spanish and Italian manufacturers each use different metric threads for their nipples, although there are exceptions. Go to a webpage like Track of the Wolf or the firearm manufacturer’s and confirm the correct thread.

6x.75 fits my peitta 1851 navy revolver. You want 6x1 its for rifles

6X1 is for Spanish made guns i/e CVA , Juker, Austin Halleck, Ardesa.

Yes, it’s definitely better to go to a known sight such as TOW or Dixie and so on. Can even google the question?

Lastly, I personally feel that if someone asks a question such as this example being a nipple size? We want to be darn sure we’re giving them the correct and accurate information, or at least the resources for them to look it up for themselves.

Don’t want to see someone coming to us in good faith only to waste his or her money on something that isn’t gonna work?

Respectfully, Cowboy

Back