• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Nickle Plated Pietta .44

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guy near me has a new in the box Pietta Navy .44 for sale. It has white grips and looks like it is nickle plated and has a lot of engraving on it too include the barrel. Cylinder looks to be a different color. Maybe gold hued. Haven't seen one of those around. Thought it was stainless but doesn't look like stainless. Did they make a nickle plated one?

PHOTOS! :) Seriously a photo or two would help. Pietta made an engraved "Sherriff's model" length Navy with a half fluted cylinder. I don't remember the grips and it was shiny, probably nickel plated.

PHOTOS! :) Seriously a photo or two would help. Pietta made an engraved "Sherriff's model" length Navy with a half fluted cylinder. I don't remember the grips and it was shiny, probably nickel plated.
It has a 7 1/2 inch barrel. Only picture.

Attachments

• DSCN0026.JPG
    DSCN0026.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 106
That's not the one I was thinking of but it's fancy Pietta. Put a magnet on the frame and if it sticks it's steel. I've often wondered if the plated versions didn't use a cheaper brass frame since it wouldn't show. A shame they didn't use a one piece grip or one assembled with a spacer so they didn't have that screw in the middle of it.

Guy near me has a new in the box Pietta Navy .44 for sale. It has white grips and looks like it is nickle plated and has a lot of engraving on it too include the barrel. Cylinder looks to be a different color. Maybe gold hued. Haven't seen one of those around. Thought it was stainless but doesn't look like stainless. Did they make a nickle plated one?
I have two Pietta Nickel plated revolvers with Gold cylinders and triggers. Both are .44. The Colt copy is not engraved but the 1858 Remington is extensively engraved. One is made for Traditions and they call it a 1860 Cowboy Special revolver. Both are unfired and the 1860 Colt is with box and original paperwork. I'm not a revolver guy but I have seven. I cannot, right now, post pictures but if I get that corrected I will.. Polecat

Last edited:
I have two Pietta Nickel plated revolvers with Gold cylinders and triggers. Both are .44. The Colt copy is not engraved but the 1858 Remington is extensively engraved. One is made for Traditions and they call it a 1860 Cowboy Special revolver. Both are unfired and the 1860 Colt is with box and original paperwork. I'm not a revolver guy but I have seven. I cannot, right now, post pictures but if I get that corrected I will.. Polecat
Addition. Both of my nickel plated Piettas are iron framed, not brass. A small magnet jumps a few inches to get to them. Dale

Didn't get the Pietta as it was gone. I honestly wasn't crazy about it but could probably have sold it and made a little money on it. But I did pick up a Euroarms brass frame .36 navy unfired (no box estate sale gun) for $150.

Latest posts

Back