• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Nice surprise!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pictures, please:):):)
Yes it is an interesting gun, but sorry for not entering more images it will be leading away from the original thread , this will not go down well with some members but in the near future I will enter a thread on this piece ..
Feltwad

You may be the huntingest guy here. Congrats. Those are beautiful birds. I hunted pheasants in Illinois in the 1950's. Lot of cornfields in my area then. But, I well remember, one day, I went to my favorite cornfield to hunt and it was gone. Replaced by black mud and yellow bulldozers. 😟

Yes it is an interesting gun, but sorry for not entering more images it will be leading away from the original thread , this will not go down well with some members but in the near future I will enter a thread on this piece ..
Feltwad
I would very much like a detailed report of its breech arrangement please.

It's a rich man's sport here.
There are small friends and family shoots but any large shoot and it's thousand to join.

Not for the likes of me, I just control vermin best I can to make for a kinder habitat for any overspill.

Over here I think there's only 1 or 2 places that breed them for shooting,so unfortunately there's zero chance for spill over. I did look into it once and it worked out to $70, per bird to shoot them,which apparently ( according to my poultry loving fiancé) isn't a bad price as thats what you'd pay for a live bird. Still a bit out of my range,but maybe one I'll afford it. For now,I'll have to content myself with ravens and feral pigeons 😁

Attachments

• 20211105_125458.jpg
    20211105_125458.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20211104_131206.jpg
    20211104_131206.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211103_072550.jpg
    20211103_072550.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200211_152420.jpg
    20200211_152420.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 43
Man, you are nailing em this month. 3 pheasants is a good day with any gun. Especially without a dog. Work has got me lately. They save our stuff with long drives for the wintertime and pay us for the drive time so we don't lose hours during the slow season, and we just dont have the daylight left for anything else. Looking at pictures and reading you guys' stories in the evening is what is getting me through... i need you to get out there this weekend and do something because i know i won't be.

Back