• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Nice plastic grips for cap and ballers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have no connection with or even know who the person(s) are making these grips, but for $30 on Ebay the "get a grip" seller has grips for Uberti and Pietta percussion revolvers in any color you could ever want

He seems to put a little rubber into the mix because they're grippy, not slick like other grips.

I wanted the "Ivory" look for my Dragoon without going with Corian or any of that.

In a couple hours, I was able to use a little flat file to carefully fit them to my frame and I'm probably the least handy guy on Earth.

They aren't "perfect " but for 30 bucks they look and feel great.

If you're going for the Gutta Percha period look , he has brown and dark red color. Or Black .

There's obviously nothing wrong with wood but I have so many cap and ballers, I wanted to make a few of them look a little different and still keep a "period" look. They're repros, might as well have fun with them.

It looks good in my rig, I have a set in Blood Red for my other Dragoon that has wood grips someone removed the finish on and left dry and ugly.

Attachments

• 20220919_205300.jpg
    20220919_205300.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220919_222706.jpg
    20220919_222706.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220919_224212.jpg
    20220919_224212.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220919_224222.jpg
    20220919_224222.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Those do look pretty good and would make a nice functional feature for a revolver that gets hard use. One could save the factory wood to keep those from getting scraped up if s/he wanted to keep them nice.

They're probably aimed at the CAS market, he makes them in "fake wood" color too

It would be a good choice, to pop off the woods and fit a cheap set of grippy plastic to carry in the field and knock around at the range

He apparently makes grips for every handgun that exists . I've actually bought his stuff 10+ years ago, I didn't know it was the same guy. Some of my "unmentionables" have his grips. He made a custom "bakelite" color for me .

If you search for "Colt Navy Grips" on Ebay and see colored $40 grips pop up, they're his. Just "make an offer " for $30 and he'll accept it. Or come back with like $32 or something. Really reasonable. They don't feel cheap , hollow and plasticky, they're a one piece molded copy of the wood grip made of probably polyurethane.

They will most definitely need a little fitting.

Latest posts

Back