• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD NICE, Hardly Worn Vintage Buckskins

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Got these from a friend a few years ago. He had them made in late 80s or early 90s out of Mule Deer skins he had harvested. The outfit was assembled by a well known buckskin clothing maker, whose name I cannot recall. As can be seen, much of it is machine sewn, but out of sight. My friend had outgrown them and dang it, I have too, before even having a chance to wear them. Such is time, gravity and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle.

Both pieces show use of filler hides, marks from tanning, and patched bullet holes! Nice rough shirttail and cuffs. Fringed. The shirt measures 20 1/2" arm pit to arm pit. Arm pit to cuffs measure 18 1/2". Shoulder seam to shoulder seam is 17 1/2". Neck to shirttail in middle is 30". The pants are 15" across laid flat and 18 1/2" across hips. Inseam is 32". Nice antler buttons. More photos available. Send me an email address, if interested.

Asking $400 shipped for both. Willing to break up set for a little additional. Might consider partial trades for shooting accessories or even, shutter, modern guns.
IMG_3068.JPG
IMG_3076.JPG

If I was taller and skinnier, I might be tempted. For once, I'm thankful for being short and fat, so I don't have to try to explain to the boss, why I "needed" a set of buckskins, lol. They look good though. Good luck. Some young, slender fella should grab them up, I would think.

I think there's just too many of us "husky" guys out here!

Very nice.

Hiwever, my circumference is considerably larger than required for those pants.

Maybe if I still possessed the same circumstance I did 30 years ago ... ("surprising" how much difference 47 pounds can make to circumstances ... and how difficult it is to be rid of those same 47 pounds.)
I'd have to shorten the sleeves ... too. (I be deformed)

Fear not! Someone who is still "in shape" will no doubt pop for them. :)

The 18 1/2" measurement from armpit to cuffs seems kind of short. Is that measurement made to the top of the cuff, and if so, how long is the sleeve if the cuff is rolled down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back