• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Nice FARA Zouave .58 Caliber Black Powder Rifled Musket with Bayonet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisD

32 Cal
Reaction score
This Italian rifle is a replica of the Zoli Zouave and was manufactured in Gardone Val Trompia Italy in 1965 according to markings on the barrel. Purchased new in the mid 60's, it has been shot very little. The barrel is in very good condition and the wood has a few minor wear marks. Rifle is all original and includes the ramrod and leather sling. I believe the bayonet is a reproduction and has no markings on it and was purchased in the mid 60's as well. The serial number is 4178. Rifle is 49.5 inches long without the bayonet, the bayonet is 25 inches long. Asking $425.00 plus $35.00 shipping. You could also pickup locally in Northeast Indiana and save the shipping.

Black Powder 1.jpgBlack Powder 2.jpgBlack Powder 2.jpgBlack Powder 3.jpgBlack Powder 5.jpg
Black Powder 4.jpg

Black Powder 1.jpg
Black Powder 2.jpg
Black Powder 3.jpg
Black Powder 5.jpg
Black Powder 8.jpg

This Italian rifle is a replica of the Zoli Zouave and was manufactured in Gardone Val Trompia Italy in 1965 according to markings on the barrel. Purchased new in the mid 60's, it has been shot very little. The barrel is in very good condition and the wood has a few minor wear marks. Rifle is all original and includes the ramrod and leather sling. I believe the bayonet is a reproduction and has no markings on it and was purchased in the mid 60's as well. The serial number is 4178. Rifle is 49.5 inches long without the bayonet, the bayonet is 25 inches long. Asking $425.00 plus $35.00 shipping. You could also pickup locally in Northeast Indiana and save the shipping.

View attachment 62267View attachment 62268View attachment 62268View attachment 62269View attachment 62271View attachment 62276
View attachment 62267View attachment 62268View attachment 62269View attachment 62271View attachment 62275
Aha! I have the exact same FARA rifle! I always wondered about the FARA markings; Now that I've seen yours, I have to dig mine out and check the date codes, etc. Good luck with your sale. I got mine couple years back at an auction, it's in exc. cond., and seems well made; some of the Zouaves were a bit light on the quality, apparently some were assembled from parts made in small shops, etc. Good job on your photos, I was happy to see them.

Hi Springfield, I'm glad I could help. Thank you for the compliments!!

Hi Topknotch, Not at this time. Thank you for your interest!!

View attachment 62267View attachment 62268View attachment 62268View attachment 62269View attachment 62271View attachment 62276
View attachment 62267View attachment 62268View attachment 62269View attachment 62271View attachment 62275
FYI, I can't make out the proof marks & date code on mine, even though it does not appear to have been refinished at all. The SN is 5588, and it has a nicely grained stock. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back