• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Newly made Powder Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have just finished this great new Powder Horn.
The dimensions are 14 1/2" along the outside bow, 3 1/2" wide by 3" high.
I used several motifs from my previous horn because I liked them a lot. On this one I added a small inscription (in German) below the character : "Jacobs Erste Jagd" meaning "Jacob's First Hunt". I was imagining a father inscribing this image on a horn to remember the happy event of his son's first hunting expedition, as he comes home with his game in the bag. It also reads: "Gott Und Land 1758 " (God and Land) and on the opposite side "Keep ye Keen of Eye And Powder Dry" (original quote) and has a nice border incised down the back.
I think this will be a splendid addition to anyone's rig. I would keep it but I have five already.
I am asking $185 for the horn plus $15 shipping to the lower 48 states. Will accept Postal Money Order, check or PayPal if necessary.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Horn 7.jpg
    Horn 7.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Horn 8.jpg
    Horn 8.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Horn 4.jpg
    Horn 4.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Horn 5.jpg
    Horn 5.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Horn 3.jpg
    Horn 3.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Horn 9.jpg
    Horn 9.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Horn 1.jpg
    Horn 1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Horn 2.jpg
    Horn 2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I used several motifs from my previous horn because I liked them a lot. On this one I added a small inscription (in German) below the character : "Jacobs Erste Jagd" meaning "Jacob's First Hunt". I was imagining a father inscribing this image on a horn to remember the happy event of his son's first hunting expedition, as he comes home with his game in the bag. It also reads: "Gott Und Land 1758 " (God and Land) and on the opposite side "Keep ye Keen of Eye And Powder Dry" (original quote) and has a nice border incised down the back.
I think this will be a splendid addition to anyone's rig. I would keep it but I have five already.
I am asking $185 for the horn plus $15 shipping to the lower 48 states. Will accept Postal Money Order, check or PayPal if necessary.
Thanks for looking.
Beautiful work.

Thanks for looking.
it is a great horn. and I rely like the GERMAN TOUCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back