• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Newly made Powder Horn

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

PathfinderNC

Artist
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have just finished this great new Powder Horn.
The dimensions are 14 1/2" along the outside bow, 3 1/2" wide by 3" high.
I used several motifs from my previous horn because I liked them a lot. On this one I added a small inscription (in German) below the character : "Jacobs Erste Jagd" meaning "Jacob's First Hunt". I was imagining a father inscribing this image on a horn to remember the happy event of his son's first hunting expedition, as he comes home with his game in the bag. It also reads: "Gott Und Land 1758 " (God and Land) and on the opposite side "Keep ye Keen of Eye And Powder Dry" (original quote) and has a nice border incised down the back.
I think this will be a splendid addition to anyone's rig. I would keep it but I have five already.
I am asking $185 for the horn plus $15 shipping to the lower 48 states. Will accept Postal Money Order, check or PayPal if necessary.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

Last edited:

Capnball

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I used several motifs from my previous horn because I liked them a lot. On this one I added a small inscription (in German) below the character : "Jacobs Erste Jagd" meaning "Jacob's First Hunt". I was imagining a father inscribing this image on a horn to remember the happy event of his son's first hunting expedition, as he comes home with his game in the bag. It also reads: "Gott Und Land 1758 " (God and Land) and on the opposite side "Keep ye Keen of Eye And Powder Dry" (original quote) and has a nice border incised down the back.
I think this will be a splendid addition to anyone's rig. I would keep it but I have five already.
I am asking $185 for the horn plus $15 shipping to the lower 48 states. Will accept Postal Money Order, check or PayPal if necessary.
Thanks for looking.
Beautiful work.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Thanks for looking.
it is a great horn. and I rely like the GERMAN TOUCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.