• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newcomer, Oldtimer, Gunbuilder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My first trip to this board. Have been frequenting American Longrifles for a number of years.
Just discovered the board yesterday and thought I'd get on board.
Short History.... Bought my son and old Navy Arms mule ear about 10 years ago. Thought it would be a great way to get him started shooting. After buying all the accoutrements to shoot it, got into the history of longrifles and just had to have one of my own.
At the time, all that was available was the mass produced, over the counter, less than authentic guns and the high dollar contemporary re-creations.

Didn't want the former, couldn't affor the latter. So I thought I'd build one for myself. Bought a Golden Age Arms Vincent.... and the rest is history.

I'm just an amateur builder, but at this time have built around 30 rifles and pistols.
I really favor the Isaac Haines/Lancaster style, but of late have really gotten into the Lehigh/Rupp type of guns.
Am TOTALLY hooked, and hope to build many more.
Was honored last year to build the NMLRA Western Nationals Raffle Rifle.
Looking forward to what I can learn and continue to build and share here.
In His grip,
Dane (Smallpatch) Lund

Dane,
welcome to the forum glad to have you on board. lots of friendly folks here to help you out if you need it. I would
think after building 30+ weapons you should be close
to shedding the amateur handle. anyway sounds as though
you will have a lot to contribute and hope you will do so
whenever you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :)

welcome to the board....i know i'll be picking yer brain fer stuff shortly as everyonr else too....will be starting one soon......................bob

Welcome to the board, have fun enjoy read about everything. Don't be afraid to spit into the wind like the rest of us, And for gosh sakes don't act like amateur is a bad thing, it's French which means "for the love of" and there's nothing much better than that. About the only thing I tolerate of theirs, other than their toast and potatos :crackup:

Welcome Dave. About 30 rifles? That's not small time in my book.

Hey Folks,

Don't let Smallpatch kid ya! I've seen his work on American[url] Longrifles.com[/url] - much better than amateur! ::

Welcome, Dane!

Regards,
Greg Walden

Last edited by a moderator:
Back