• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Newbie (Phoenix, AZ)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbjones65

32 Cal
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join. I am new to flintlock muzzle-loading, but not new to shooting (or hand loading). My brother-in-law and I found what appears to be a Ultra-Hi (Miroku) .69cal minuteman flintlock rifle (probably assembled from a kit) in an antique store in Prescott for $50. I say "appears" because aside from "Proof Tested" and "1692", it has no factory markings. It appears fire-able, but after a bunch of web searches, I am 80% confident of what I am looking at and am starting to believe this should just be a wall hanger. HaHa.

As such, are there any muzzle loaders in the Phx-metro willing to teach this old dog a new hobby?Anyone have a lead on a slightly used (or NIB) .54cal Lyman flintlock GPR?

Attachments

• 20191227_145954.jpg
    20191227_145954.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20191226_122305.jpg
    20191226_122305.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 83
No touch hole drilled? Either wall hanger or incomplete kit. Others will know more, I just saw what appears to be no hole in the barrel?

Welcome from Flagstaff!

It does have a touch hole. I think it has been fired (or at least some one tried) by the discoloration and surface rust on the pan. I see some minor marks on the frizzen, but not much wear. Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

Back