• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbie in Georgia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Horsman

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hey there folks,
My sister just gave me my father’s old muzzle loading rifle. I hope to learn from y’all and get to the point where I can fire it safely and learn it’s proper care and feeding.
Kind regards,
Mike

Mike,
Welcome to the Forum, you have found the right place to learn.
Just curious, what rifle did your sister give you? Caliber, flint or caplock?

Richard/Grumpa

Mike,
Welcome to the Forum, you have found the right place to learn.
Just curious, what rifle did your sister give you? Caliber, flint or caplock?

Richard/Grumpa

I'm not sure. I posted an identification request in that forum. Thanks for asking!

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum. I checked out the pics of your rifle and while I don't know enough to make a call on it I will be following the post. This is going to be interesting. Good looking pup in the picture, I've got one just like it.

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum. I checked out the pics of your rifle and while I don't know enough to make a call on it I will be following the post. This is going to be interesting. Good looking pup in the picture, I've got one just like it.
What part of Georgia? Marietta here.

Welcome to the adventure. I began shooting BP rifles three years ago. I found sites like this very helpful as well as a local gun store, Deer Creek in Marietta. I shoot at Creekside Firing Range in Taylorville; don't see many BP shooters there. The Blue Ridge Mountainmen are a very welcoming group that shoots in northeast Georgia and another group in the Griffin area. I live in Atlanta. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Charlie Brooks

Might just as well make my first post here a welcome to another Jawja Boy! I'm in Kennesaw; you know, the city that requires every household to own a gun! :D
Charlie, atllaw, other gawja boys, need to get y'all up to pcsc.us for one of our fun shoots. Probably get one gathered up in the next few weeks. You know a rondy to bring in the new year.

Is that law still on the books? Its good to see the gun grabbers proven wrong. They said y'all were going to turn your town into the old west. I'd almost bet the crime rate is down in your neck of the woods.

I'm about 8 miles from the Perry National Fairground. Wish some more of these Ga folks would speak up.

I'm new to traditional muzzleloaders but I'm eager to jump in! Im in Douglasville, about 20 miles west of Atlanta. I also have a percussion rifle im trying to sell or trade for a flintlock to replace it if anyone is interested or knows anyone who may be.

Im in Hiram
If available, we are having a shoot, casual, in jasper GA on 2/16. If you might be interested. We have a couple of builders and 89-10 others that came when they can. We all shoot bp and would love to have you join us. Casual shoot and show and tell is what we do.

If available, we are having a shoot, casual, in jasper GA on 2/16. If you might be interested. We have a couple of builders and 89-10 others that came when they can. We all shoot bp and would love to have you join us. Casual shoot and show and tell is what we do.
Ill see if i can make it. It definitely sounds like something Id be interested in.

Back