• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbie from Fort Worth

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Ya'll
I'm one of those people who have been "hovering" in the background. But that's because, compared to you all, I know absolutely nothing.
I shot a little BP back a few years ago - lost it all in a divorce. Finally getting back to it. Have a CVA Kentucky (45) that should be here tomorrow. Haven't told my wife, but I picked up a '51 Navy 36 today. Can't wait to shoot it but am waiting for stuff ordered thru the snail mail.
Steve

Greetings and welcome to the site, :hatsoff:

Good to have you in camp.

Better tell the wife. Don't want to end up where you just came from. :rotf:

It is always good to have the family involved.

Welcome Salty!

Good to have you on board. I'm new to Black Powder, too. This has been a place with lots of knowledge, but I'm waiting to be able to get my Lyman left hand GPR in .54 cal.

Again, Welcome from the other side of the Metroplex. :hatsoff:

BTW... Where did you grow up in Mass. I grew up just south of Worcester in Whitinsville.

Marc A.

Just South of Big "D"

Thanks for the welcome MarcA I grew up in Leominster. I'm sure you know where that is.
Steve

Steve,
Welcome to the MLF.Hope you visit often
and contribute when you can.
Of course you know your lady(wife),but I would
suggest getting her involved rather than hiding
your interest.My wife,did not have a clue until I took her to the range the first time. She don't
participate,but she understands my passion.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Ahh, another member from the right side of the Trinity.
I'm in the Saginaw area just north of Ft.Worth. Where do you shoot?

Jim

pepperbelly said:

Jim

Jim,
That's the left side of the Trinity.
:rotf: :haha: :rotf:

I was out y'alls way yesterday and I thnk I'll be out towards Cabelas this week.

Where do you guys pick up Goex? Do they carry it in the FW Cabelas?

Marc, I hate to tell ya this but noone carries real bp in the DFW area anymore.
I had to order mine from powderin c a while ago.

Jim

Howdy boys! I'ma Fort Worth boy too! I live in southwest Ft. Worth! :thumbsup:

Cabelas used to carry Goex but maybe they quit I do not know as I have not bought any there un a coupla years! Its a cryin shame if its true!

Anyway welcome aboard brothers! :hatsoff:

Davy

pepperbelly said:

Jim
Hi Peperbelly, I usually shoot at the Winchester indoor range but only smokeless. I don't even know if they allow blackpowder. Need to call. Otherwise, I shoot at Alpine down in Everman.
Steve

Hey MarcA, last time I was at Cabellas, all they had was a little Pyrodex and some American Pioneer Powder. No Goex. It's a pain to order 'cause of the transport charges but if we have to ....

Steve

Welcome! If BP is scarce down your way, you guys should get together and order a case to divvy up. HazMat only adds $.80 a pound to the price if you order the full case, and it is a lot cheaper than retail! Emery in Wis.

Welcome to the Forum from WNC :hatsoff: I order my BP in quantity to last for a long time. It's not sold by the retail stores and gun shops in my area. Graf's is my supplier, they have their own brand (made by Wano evidently) and it's good stuff also.

Howdy

Wedgwood area ... I generally shoot at Alpine too! When I have the time! :hmm:

Davy

Howdy!

Basspro in Grapevine has GOEX. It is $20/pound and it takes them 20 minutes to find it.

I enjoy driving from Dallas to shoot at[url] http://www.quailcreekrange.com/[/url] up by the speedway. Then a trip to Cabela's.

DAVY: What upcoming organized BP shoots are you aware of?

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Back