• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Whitworth bullet mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Elk Ridge Mountain, Washington County Maryland
Got this bullet mold off EBAY from Merry Old England. Drops a .441 bullet @445 grains in pure lead for paper patching. Going to shoot a few tomorrow. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265108778566?ViewItem...
conicals1.jpg
conicals2.jpg
whitworthmold.jpg

From the son of the original, who does first class moulds, has a suite of past designs and will consider new ones. I recommend his work.

Glenn can be contacted through his regular eBay postings and the British Militaria Forum.

LEM Moulds did used to make Hexagonal Whitworth Moulds many years ago (1970's)
Should there be sufficient interest I am considering bringing them back in "Scissor" Mould style.
Aluminium Dies, Stainless Steel Sprue Cutter and most likely complete with Handles.
Two possible options, 1) Base Pour and Hex to Ogive continuous.
2) Hollow Base, Nose Pour with slight truncation to the Nose.
I would really appreciate your feedback here as I need to judge what is the "preferred" option.
It may well be that these 2 options are both readily available and also to get a feel as to the qty. of Moulds that could be wanted.

LEM Moulds did used to make Hexagonal Whitworth Moulds many years ago (1970's)
Should there be sufficient interest I am considering bringing them back in "Scissor" Mould style.
Aluminium Dies, Stainless Steel Sprue Cutter and most likely complete with Handles.
Two possible options, 1) Base Pour and Hex to Ogive continuous.
2) Hollow Base, Nose Pour with slight truncation to the Nose.
I would really appreciate your feedback here as I need to judge what is the "preferred" option.
It may well be that these 2 options are both readily available and also to get a feel as to the qty. of Moulds that could be wanted.

Back