• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New UPS Regs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawkeye2 -- UPS originally promised delivery by 2 February. It tells me the "sorting error" -- human intrusion in a normally flawless robotic process -- occurred on 1 October in Redmond , which is only 33 miles from Tacoma. Now UPS refuses to give me any delivery date. Midway says UPS tells them the earliest delivery will now be 7 October -- never mind a healthy human could walk there and back in half that time. Obviously then, this is some kind of mandatory hold. It is also an especially strong indication our malignantly anti-gunowner Attorney General Robert Ferguson has somehow secretly deputized UPS to open all gundealer-shipped packages and impose on every recipient -- including those of us with CPLs -- the extensive, snail-paced background investigations by which Washington state has replaced "instant check" with a no-limit waiting period an FFL-dealer friend tells me typically runs 30 days. (At my age, 82, this subjects me to a very real possibility of dropping dead before I ever receive my purchase.) Unfortunately I discovered this outrageous delay too late to contact an acquaintance at the Second Amendment Foundation until Monday (3 October), which as a longtime member I will surely do. Meanwhile, if I read these indications correctly, this is obviously a radical extension of the forcible-disarmament cult's long-stated intent to make Washington the nation's first "gun-free" state, thereby reducing citizenship to the mandatory pacifism and compulsory victimhood that defines slavery.

Last edited:
I live in Washington state, which the anti-gunowner fanatics are promising to make the nation's first "gun-free" state
Then they best export a bunch of us. There are milling shops around the state pumping out parts. They are all to busy figuring out pronouns.

Right after 9/11 I next day aired an Caliber 30, M1 barreled receiver to Chicago, and it was returned 3 days later the same way. How things have changed. They even had a cool triangle shipping box just for sending odd shaped stuff like rifles.

UPDATE: Thanks to Midway, which surely has some of the best customer service on the planet, three of its CS folks arm-twisted UPS with sufficient vigor to end the illegal hold and get me my ML after only a two-business-day delay.

Nevertheless, UPS had opened the package so roughly any residual value of the hitherto-new Uberti box was destroyed. The piece itself was splattered with some sticky substance -- maybe a soft drink -- that had oozed into the mechanism and required Balistol to remove, and the right side of the grip was gouged shallowly as if by someone wearing a sharp-edged ring, damage I have since eliminated with 000 steel wool and linseed oil.

The forcible-disarmament fanatics have long been malicious, but this is the first time I have known them to resort to illegally opening shipments and vandalizing the contents.

Last edited:
Back