• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE new unfired 1860 44 snub nose

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPQR70AD

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I got this a month ago. I was trying to buy a rifle off my friend so I got this as a consolation prize lol. he called me and wants to sell it. never fired it. got it from Taylor paid $450. will sell for $370 shipped. got the box it came in
006.JPG
008.JPG
007.JPG
011.JPG

Sold myself on it, sale bounces PM me.
my idea was to get the conversion 45 LC. but I got a new 1858 5 1/2 barrel so I will get the conversion for it. it is bigger but I like the top strap design even tho I would load it lite. those snubbies are hard to find now. I think midway got them. I will let you know if sale falls thru

Yes I agree the 58 remmie snubbie is a much better choice. You can swap percussion cylinders too, and pietta cylinders are around for about $75 each. With paper cartridges you don't even need the conversion cylinders. cartridgekits.com is the best kit. This was the original snubbie though, without the birdshead grip. I used to carry one in NYC in the early 2000s. Got it at cabelas.

Yes I agree the 58 remmie snubbie is a much better choice. You can swap percussion cylinders too, and pietta cylinders are around for about $75 each. With paper cartridges you don't even need the conversion cylinders. cartridgekits.com is the best kit. This was the original snubbie though, without the birdshead grip. I used to carry one in NYC in the early 2000s. Got it at cabelas.
All true perhaps but Colts are just so darn good looking. My Colts get as much attention at gun ranges as the fact it’s shooting blackpowder, smoke and flame. A full bore 45Colt fired in the OP’s gun would be awesome, especially on damp cloudy days.

Yea I agree. And nothing feels as natural in my my hand as a 51 navy, except sometimes a 60 army lol. I don't trust conversion cylinders on open tops though. I have a couple of the uberti conversion guns and get nervous about loading them up to specs.

Ha!

Even though I've got one of these (exact one), I'd have bought this! I've got some video of my then-14-y.o. son and shooting it. This pistol is SHOCKINGLY accurate with the right load! In my video, my kid is hitting an 8"x12" steel gong 4 out of 6 shots with 25 grains of T7 and a .454 ball. He's getting 4 out of 5 with the .45LC conversion. Both at 25 yards from a rest. The sound and feel is way more fun with the cap/ball loads, though.

Back