• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New UK Member.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been an individual member of the MLAGB for over 25 years and entered postal competitions through an affiliated club. The nearest MLAGB Branch to me would be Kent & Sussex, but although I continue to be a member, I confine myself to club competitions these days.
Brian
Not quite Brian. Your closest branch would be Southern Counties Patched Ball branch. We have members from all over the South of England. Stay safe

Hello both
Why not consider coming up to shoot with the SURREY Branch of the MLAGB? We are very active - - rifle, pistol and shotgun plus (when we can get back into the L&MRA Clubhouse) a monthly meeting with talks and an annual Auction.

The Steyning range was nice -- I know WHY it closed .. . sadly it was a case of a Club "Official" telling the MoD how to do their job when they came down for a range inspection. Sometimes Clubs are so narrow-minded and insular (a bit like some people, I suppose).

Hello both
Why not consider coming up to shoot with the SURREY Branch of the MLAGB? We are very active - - rifle, pistol and shotgun plus (when we can get back into the L&MRA Clubhouse) a monthly meeting with talks and an annual Auction.

The Steyning range was nice -- I know WHY it closed .. . sadly it was a case of a Club "Official" telling the MoD how to do their job when they came down for a range inspection. Sometimes Clubs are so narrow-minded and insular (a bit like some people, I suppose).
Yes Jim. We tried to persuade the club who owned it, to go softly softly, but no, they had to tell the MOD what to do. We were gutted when it closed. We were the Mid Sussex club then. Started shooting at Bisley and became the SCPB branch. Shot at Badshot lea for many years. I have considered shooting with Surrey, but didn’t want to just turn up, so to speak. Stay safe. Simon Coleman

Hello both

Hello Jim,
I too will certainly give it some thought.
Brian

Hi Brian
Surrey Branch MLAGB are running an open meeting at Bisley Sept 26/27 for ALL types of ML "repeating pistols".
I am sure that you know that this allows ONE or TWO hand holds; BP and "unmentionable powders"; originals, repros, "special target versions" and "other unmentionable M-Ls".
We have been told that on the range that we have booked at the NRA (Bisley) we can only use 10 of the 20 firing-points, to ensure "social distancing". [ To be honest, that term should really be called UNsocial distancing ;-) ]
This cuts our squadding down by 50%. If you were considering entering I would suggest that you get your entry in soon.
Go to the Surrey Branch website or contact the Match Director on
< s u r r e y b r a n c h (dot) r p m (AT) g m a i l (dot) c o m >
remove the spaces and replace the bracketed words with the symbols
Perhaps you could fill the car with others from your Club -- we would be pleased to make your acqaintance.

I love seeing ol’ boys from the Uk get on this forum. I’m all frontier and rough, although as age has caught up with me I do more trans frontier now, dress more civilized. A middling farmer type.
I always picture you Brits in tweeds and fine brown leather. I love reading of your fun.
Proud your here.

Welcome, from Sunny Plymouth*, to the forum.

* I lie, it was persisting down yesterday when we left. (Currently at Bisley to make some smoke)

Cosistrike is being modest . supported by worthy members . He IS the Southern Counties Patched ball group, They even let me join the group. And I miss the primitive camps. Rudyard

Back