• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New TVM/Rifle Collection

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are the rif's I've started this collection with. I will eventually make my own which will be on the top.

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

Hota- That's a nice rifle! :redthumb: What's the specs on the TVM Tenessee Rifle? I'm thinking about selling a ML and orderin' one from them. How's it shoot?

Bob all I can say is I love it in every way. It's accurate, plain, sits well in the hand (it's 36" barrell is more balanced in my hand than my 32" GPR as well as several 42"ers I tried), raises well to the check, Sparks well everytime and is the centerpiece to the living room. I spoke to the Avances several times before buying this one. It is essentially their Early Lancaster without the dressup brass. I highly recommend it.

Apparently they were only distributed to Dixon's and Ft. Chambers Gun shop both in PA. I bought this one used but in unfired condition. Toni Avance said they used to fly out of the stores until about two years ago when the tide turned toward the early lancaster.

I know Dixon's doesn't have any but you may want to call Ft. Chambers if you want one sooner, they may have one. Dixon's has a TVM early lancaster for $1075.00 right now.

You can still order it direct from them though. Said it will take 6-12 months to complete.

Hota,
I am glad to see you posted a picture of the newest member to the family. I know you have to wait until she has made meat, but do you have any names picked out yet? I bet you had more trouble deciding which "one" you wanted than how to pay for it. Come on deer season!
Later
Zman

Hota,
Awsome Longrifle.Looks great.
I especially like the display rack!Did you make it?

Hota,
Awsome Longrifle.Looks great.
I especially like the display rack!Did you make it?

Thanks, Made the rack, sort of. I bought a shelving kit from home depot. rather than putting on a shelf, I turned them upside down and cut out rests for the rifle to sit nicely on.

Hota,
I am glad to see you posted a picture of the newest member to the family. I know you have to wait until she has made meat, but do you have any names picked out yet? I bet you had more trouble deciding which "one" you wanted than how to pay for it. Come on deer season!
Later
Zman

Thanks, No name for it yet. It was tough deciding on which one. It was between the TVM Early Lancaster and this one. I was attracted to the fancy but there is something about these more plain rifles that just look like they mean business.

This rifle will be a work horse for sure, partly why I picked it. I did not want to get a rifle that I would be too afraid of getting a mark on in the field. I am not rough on my rifles, but sometimes s4!t happens, you know how it is.

I wish I could take it out for Spring Turkey this year. Against PA rules. Muzzleloading shotgun only.

Hota,
I was trying to decide between one of TVM's and one of Dave Motto's. I ended up going with a blank, Coleran barrel etc. I was doing pretty good until hunting season and finishing up a new kitchen. Now coaching softball is here. I think I need to prioritize. It has to be done before fathers day. Take Care.
Zman

Hota- again, that's a real nice mountain rifle. I've decided to go with the southern mountain style myself. Have pretty much decided to go .54 since my GPR is a .54. Found a builder in Tenn. that builds 'em. Wouldn't hesitate to go with TVM, though.. :thumbsup:

Coincedence, I stopped in Ft. Chambers today and told some lies. First time I had been there and saw it while traveling. Nice people.

Back