• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Rob

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I recently finished my first Trade gun, Looking for info on shooting shot in a smooth bore. What do I lube the wads with, and load recommendations for a Pedersoli trade gun? Would like to use for dove, pheasant, and turkey this fall.

This is as endless as you want to make it. Pre made overpowder cussion and over shot wads are sold, and good, but can be replaced with tow paper, wool or hempyarn ect, Go on you Tube and look up Dualist 54 smoothbore loading vid He is shooting a Fusil de chase but in preformance close to Perdisoli trade gun, that is very close to original british trade guns

Congrats on your new trade gun, how about a pic or two for our viewing pleasure? Thanks!
Here you go. it is a Pedersoli kit. My first musket.

Attachments

• Trade Gun 1.jpg
    Trade Gun 1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Trade gun 2.jpg
    Trade gun 2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 151
This is as endless as you want to make it. Pre made overpowder cussion and over shot wads are sold, and good, but can be replaced with tow paper, wool or hempyarn ect, Go on you Tube and look up Dualist 54 smoothbore loading vid He is shooting a Fusil de chase but in preformance close to Perdisoli trade gun, that is very close to original british trade guns
Thanks, I kind of figured that. Lots of ways to shoot them. As a newbie, always looking for info> I appreciate it.

Back