• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to the forum...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cflay

32 Cal.
Reaction score
...but not muzzleloading. I purchased my first Black powder gun in 1983, a TC Hawkens sidelock in .45, my next gun was a CVA Plains rifle side lock rifle kit in .45 which I built. Followed by a .54 CVA Bobcat sidelock.

I went over to the "Dark Side" for several years and bought and hunted with several different inlines.

Getting back to my roots now and looking to purchase a Flintlock to do re-enactments with and hunt with.

Here is a pict of the buck I killed this past fall with .54 CVA Bobacat.

CJsBuck002.jpg

Welcome to the forum. If you are looking to make new friends and exchange ideas, you are in the right place! Nice job on the buck. Emery

Welcome aboard!
Lots of good info here and good to see another hunter sign in. :thumbsup:

Cflay,
Welcome to the MLF and back from the
'dark side'.Hope you will visit often
and contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Welcome To Camp Throw Another Log On The Fire Sit Back And Enjoy Lot's Of Good Folk's Here.
------------------
Dan-L

Welcome aboard Cflay, Glad to have you join us, nice looking buck. :thumbsup: Good Luck & Good Shootin'

Howdy! Great looking animal. Muzzleloading hunts are always the most memorable. Welcome aboard.

Thank you for the warm welcome guys. When Iget settled in I will tell y'all the reason why I jumped upto a .54 after shooting a pair of .45s for many years.

Back