• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to Nevada - anyone Home?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(sorry, I posted earlier in the wrong forum)
Just moved to the Carson City / Minden area and seeking resources for Firing Ranges, Clubs, etc.
Oh, and anyone know of anywhere to purchase BP in the state (preferably Goex)? I find it hard to believe that I used to drive 10min for a pound in a states that HATES guns and for two weeks I have been scouring the area (and Internet) and no one seems to carry it here!!?
(really don't want to pay for 1, 10, 25lb lots and pay the hefty hazmat fees)

Well you are out of luck in NV, body carries Black Powder, period. There are a couple of decent ranges in Carson City and Minden/Gardnerville. There is a really good BP club that has a shoot and primitive camp mostly every weekend, I can't remember their name just yet. In CA just over the border, there is a great club that holds two Rendezvous each year, the Sierra Muzzleloaders club. That is where most of us get our black powder. Check out the Club's website or Facebook page. Feel free to pM me if you'd like more info. Cheers, Doug T

In CC there is Eagle Valley Muzzle Loaders They have a range behind the Carson hill. Also have rondys at Fort Churchill. In Reno is the Lakes Crossing Muzzleloader club. Try Facebook as it looks like there URL web page is down. They also have have 3 rondys a year. LCML offers for members to purchase BP from the clubs supply.

Howdy JDWellmen!
I have heard of both clubs but found no live folk associated to them. I live just two miles from Rhodes St as shown on EVML's map but folk around here say they broke up a couple years ago. Same with LCML, found no live bodies.
So far I have only found the Nevada Civil War Volunteers to hook up with, but now we are all on COVID lock down with all the events CANCELED 🤬

I have been mail ordering my powder, few extra bucks for postage. Turned out my new Civil War friends never fired live so they took me and showed some places I can shoot and I showed them how to handle their arms proper (And how to CLEAN them proper....*sheesh* these Civil War types!!)

I have been told that some folk set up a primitive camp at the State Fair and was hoping to find someone there this year...but now not sure if it will be Canceled - I am just striking out left and right

Well, got myself a couple quite spots to shoot back in the public lands for now...

Mad, I just got back from an Eagle Valley Muzzle loaders shoot. They are camped out tonight up above Wells Fargo. Good group. Stop by or you can follow them on Face Book and get in touch with them there and find when they will get together again.
Cheers, Doug T.

Thank you much teakmtn!
Guess I missed yesterday, didnt hear anything off the balcony (just a few mile away).
Busy with indigo dye today (trousers I just finished sewing) but will search for their Facebook page between dunking!

Heading to Douglas County later in the week to try out a Remington cap revolver my father gave me...

Hopefully we will meet next time you all get together!

Back