• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New to muzzleloading!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I Hunt with my dad's Marlin 336 in 35rem most of the time, or with a .223 AR-15, but I've been getting into the idea of hunting the muzzle loader season. I bought a traditions deer hunter kit I'm going to build and try to hunt with next year. If I can get my groupings good, I'll move onto an inline. Looking forward to building something other then a modern rifle and get to try to fill a tag I otherwise wouldn't of tried.

I Hunt with my dad's Marlin 336 in 35rem most of the time, or with a .223 AR-15, but I've been getting into the idea of hunting the muzzle loader season. I bought a traditions deer hunter kit I'm going to build and try to hunt with next year. If I can get my groupings good, I'll move onto an inline. Looking forward to building something other then a modern rifle and get to try to fill a tag I otherwise wouldn't of tried.
Welcome.
Just remember that IF you move onto that inline, that we don't discuss them on this forum. Try our sister forum Modern Muzzleloaders

LD

Welcome from Wisconsin. Save your pennies and buy a nice flintlock, too!

27a.jpg

If you plan on going to inline, may as well stay with centrefires!

Seriously though, people tend to go the opposite direction. You may find you do the same. I hunted with an inline for maybe 7 years before going traditional. Sold the inline and never looked back.

Back