• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to muzzle loader guns and your forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, where have you been> what are you doing? any new videos? .
I posted a new FFF ( Flintlock Female Fun ) video last Sunday...shooting with Kim.
This one was fun one to put together:

The Sunday prior, I posted a WoodsWalk shoot from Black Friday here in KY:

I'm not posting a new one tomorrow since its too close to Christmas.
I'll post a new one next weekend...
Then..I'm heading to Friendship Indiana on New Years Day for a full fun day of shooting with others.

That will be captured on video to post the next Sunday...

I'm still around my friend...!

I posted a new FFF ( Flintlock Female Fun ) video last Sunday...shooting with Kim.
This one was fun one to put together:

The Sunday prior, I posted a WoodsWalk shoot from Black Friday here in KY:

I'm not posting a new one tomorrow since its too close to Christmas.
I'll post a new one next weekend...
Then..I'm heading to Friendship Indiana on New Years Day for a full fun day of shooting with others.

That will be captured on video to post the next Sunday...

I'm still around my friend...!

Mark, thank you so much for the update on the new videos. I will be watching them as allays. I watch all of them many times, as each time I glean more importation. keep them coming. MERRY XMAS & HAPPY NEWYEAR. have a safe trip to FRIENDSHIP. I went there 50 yrs ago, meat TURNER KIRKLEND, and bought a 58 cal. BUFFALO half stock and shot it at the event. the only down side was that I drove straight through for 18 hours straight, out and back. I had JET LAG for a couple of days. LOL!. toot.

Mark, thank you so much for the update on the new videos. I will be watching them as allays. I watch all of them many times, as each time I glean more importation. keep them coming. MERRY XMAS & HAPPY NEWYEAR. have a safe trip to FRIENDSHIP. I went there 50 yrs ago, meat TURNER KIRKLEND, and bought a 58 cal. BUFFALO half stock and shot it at the event. the only down side was that I drove straight through for 18 hours straight, out and back. I had JET LAG for a couple of days. LOL!. toot.
WOW...driving 18 hours straight???

I'm surprised you weren't a basket case by the time you arrived home! LOL
I have some unusually strange tests & fun coming soon with the videos.
Thanks for watching them my friend....

It appears the firearm in question is, indeed, an example of a modern "trade gun" (in the truest sense) produced to sell/trade with "natives" in countries where muzzleloaders are used mainly for subsistance living. This type of firearm has many variations and quality from acceptable/safe to "not a good idea to shoot".

The simple fact that "Made In Brazil" stamping is in English tells me this particular gun was intended to be exported. During the early days of the muzzleloading revival, importers sought out guns from around the world to meet demand. I think that's what you have. HAVE A COMPETENT BLACKPOWDER GUNSMITH EXAMINE IT BEFORE SHOOTING!!! Have fun.

Latest posts

Back