• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New to me Vincent rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RickD said:
I`d like to see pics of other Vincent rifles if you have them

Here's mine...Getz barrel, 48" x 13/16", .45cal...sorry that they are kinda far away.

sixbull
vincent003.jpg
[/img]
vincent004.jpg
[/img]
vincent005.jpg
[/img]
vincent006.jpg
[/img]
vincent007.jpg
[/img]
vincent009.jpg
[/img]

Say now I really like that fullstock over my half stock..Hoping next weekend I can finally go to the range and shoot mine..

RickD said:
Say now I really like that fullstock over my half stock..Hoping next weekend I can finally go to the range and shoot mine..

Thanks RickD, you have a fine looking half stock Vincent, let us know how it shoots.

Strykerdlh said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!! I like that one too!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks Strykerdlh, I always liked the look and feel of Vincents....was going to have a halfstock made....friend that made my fullstock had a .36 cal wallhanger with a 48" barrel....that's where I got the idea of the longer barrel....we discussed making it a fullstock....something different....then I came up with the idea of making it a flintlock so that I could shoot it in all matches....the lock is a L&R Durs Egg....the lock plate was modified to look like a Goulcher lock plate....besides being a .45 cal we tried to follow all the Vincent traits....a 5/16" ramrod....we went with the larger side plate....smaller patch box....as in my book of Ohio Long Rifles II it shows a John Vincent rifle with a larger longer patch box....we goofed up on the tang....mine is rounded instead of pointed....all parts came from Track of the Wolf....that's the history behind my Vincent

sixbull

Ahh now I know why my tang is pointed..I know very little about the Vincent rifles..

If it doesn't fit in send it to me I have a spot picked out especially for it. :wink:

Fits very well but if I come across another rifled .62 cal I just might put her up for sale

Very nice stuff!! I prefer the long wood for myself. Good luck with your new piece.
Dusty

20D4B1FB-B48C-4980-A3D9-8E75CE8F3D34.jpeg 4EB1DC9F-B87F-46AF-ADC8-AB361837285E.jpeg F511725B-AAED-4370-B899-5298BA2F8CD3.jpeg I also have a L Bryner in .36. Trying to find out more about “L. Bryner” can anybody help with that?

I made this for my daughter who at the time was with the JAG Corps. Maybe not a full fledged Vincent, but that was what I was looking at when I made it.
Robby
DSCN0747.jpg

DSCN0748.jpg

DSCN0750.jpg

DSCN0752.jpg

DSCN0753.jpeg

Latest posts

Back